11plus Kent NFER past papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Villagedad

11plus Kent NFER past papers

Post by Villagedad »

Hi

Would someone be able to advise where I could get hold of a set of 11-plus Kent NFER past papers in Maths, VR and NVR as I've not actual seen any and would like to get hold of a set for future reference, and see what is expected etc..

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Villagedad
SSM

Post by SSM »

You should be able to get them from WHSmiths or Amazon. I think that they are now published by Letts. Each pack contains 4 tests, either 4 of the same subject or a variety pack which has 1 test for each of the 4 subjects.

I presume they are just for you to get a rough idea of what the questions are like. However, I'm sure from your previous posts that you still have a good while before your kids sit the 11+ and there's nothing to say that Kent will still be testing the same subjects.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

There are no actual past papers available as far as I know. The only ones are the NfER packs which SSM was referring to.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Thanks SSM and Yoyo

Yes my 2 DS are some way off I just thought it would be useful to see something so I can familiarise myself with the task we have..

Even used copies would be useful, just to get an idea, if anyone has any they could spare.

Many thanks
Villagedad
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

have a look at the dowload free Demos. (click on interactive CDs)

That will give you some idea of the question types you will find in the Kent test.

The relevant ones would be Eleven plus exams NVR

Tutors Verbal reasoning

Tutors Maths

Kent test is multiple choice.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Villagedad, don't worry about looking at them too soon.

I bought the 4 sets for my eldest and they have been hidden away for a while until dd2 needed them.

I got them out in Sept and thought there is absolutely no way my youngest would be able to cope with them. After a year with an excellent tutor she is doing brilliantly.

These papers are hard and you could get disheartened by the content - I did! Don't look at them too soon, in fact you really shouldn't buy them until your child goes into yr 5, and by then the exam fomat may have changed anyway.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Tracy wrote:These papers are hard and you could get disheartened by the content - I did! Don't look at them too soon, in fact you really shouldn't buy them until your child goes into yr 5, and by then the exam fomat may have changed anyway.
Thanks for the tip Tracy, appreciate that

Villagedad