Mocks

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Salfordmum

Mocks

Post by Salfordmum »

Well Ive just dropped off my daughter for her mock exam, I fet sorry for her as she was very nervous, we have worked over summer and she is still doing really well in english and not as good in maths, I constantly question myself about whether I should just let her have a childhood, but our local school is just not an option for us, for lots of reasons, including the bullying of my elder son! I seriously wish we didnt have to put her through this!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hang in there Salfordmum. You can only do your best and there are never any guarantees and who knows, it might all come out good and you'll be glad you stuck with it.

You sound like you've done all the right things...let us know how it goes. :)
scooby1

Post by scooby1 »

I feel the same but we are doing it fot them. My DS wants to go to the grammar school and he is working really hard. Where is she taking the mock? Is it with the tutor?

Good luck!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Salfordmum

I can sympathise. I feel like the pressure has really been 'ramped up' in the past couple of weeks. But like you feel I am doing the best I can and my DS is keen to go to the schools he is sitting exams for. Like you we are out of area.

Just hang on in there and 4 weeks tonight it will all be over and we can breathe a sigh of relief till the results. :)

I find a nice glass of wine helps.... :idea:

Good luck to you and to all children sitting exams in the coming weeks xx
Salfordmum

mock

Post by Salfordmum »

Hello all and thanks for your supportive comments. Well, she did exceptionally well on the english, and not so well on the maths, but we are told she has a very good chance overall. So we will stay on the road for now! ps to answer the question yes the mock was with her tutor, who is worth her weight in gold.