Bexley 11+ Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bexley Mum

Bexley 11+ Test

Post by Bexley Mum »

Hi, can anyone help?

I have a child in Yr5 due to take 11+ in November 07. Can anyone give me advice on the tests e.g NFER or bond and type of tests. I am completely confused by it all!

Thanks
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Hi

Bexley has 4 papers. Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

We used the NFER practice papers , and the borough provide a couple of practice papers to be done in the school itself.

Hope that helps :)

Post by Guest »

actual tests have been NFER multiple choice. similar format to NFER practice papers, but number of questions different.
Bexley mum

Thanks

Post by Bexley mum »

Hi,

Thanks to both of you, I now know what to look for.

Re: Thanks

Post by Guest »

Bexley mum wrote:Hi,

Thanks to both of you, I now know what to look for.

Hi, can anyone advise? Our plan is not to use a tutor but for our daughter to practice the 4 subjects using the NFER multiple choice papers and to see how she does. Can anyone give me any tips on what they have done/are doing? ANY advice would be useful. Thanks.
Embleton

Bexley 11+ Test

Post by Embleton »

My daughter has just done her test in Medway, which is slightly different to the rest of Kent. We bought as many Nfer and Bond test papers that we could find. Medway does multiple choice. We then sat her down on saturday mornings at about 9.00 am and tested her each week. We started at that time to try and replicate the start time for the exam.
As a way of making it less tedious for her we asked her to set herself a target score each week to give her an incentive to try and beat it. Each week she was actually looking forward to doing them. Her scores kept on improving after each test.
Then 2 days before she took her test we did a complete run through with her and matched all the timings and breaks between tests so that nothing on the day would be a surprise to her
Medway sits 3 papers Maths, VR and extended writing and were all sat on one day between 9.00 and 1.15.
She came out of the test with a smile on her face which pass or fail was the biggest plus for me.
Good luck to your child in their test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now