Kind-hearted people

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dissapointed mum

Kind-hearted people

Post by dissapointed mum »

I would like to say a big thank you to all the kind hearted people who are contibuting to this site, especially to those of you who have had your appeals, by giving us all information of what sort of questions etc you were asked so we can prepare ourselves. Its a very selfless act, as we are all in the same situation vying for a place in a grammar school for our own child. In effect we are all in competition with each other, as they can only put so many through, but each and everyone is helping all concerned, and willing a successful outcome. I take my hat off to all. Hope you all have a very blessed 2007.
DP
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Everyone helps because we are not competing! Each case is on its own merits - there is NOT a limit on places at this stage - as I said elsewhere it's only on allocation that some people MAY not get their first choice.

There are 7 Grammar schools with places in Y7 in September 2006 - this cohort is similar -
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi DM

I know that Forum Admin will take heart from all you have said, and I will do the same.

We don't necessarily do this out of kindness - I learn from every post on the Forum, and that may help me get my younger child through this crazy system in a couple of years.

So, there is a touch of self-interest in there. Also, the immense learning curve - I wish I had known a year ago what I know now!

If someone else learns from it along the way, it is just great.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now