dodgy lines and dodgy words

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tree

dodgy lines and dodgy words

Post by Tree »

hi all

i was wondering if anyone knows how strict the computer reader is about marking the mcq answer sheet my son's lines are v wayward ie they sometimes don't touch both sides and are often diagonal or there is one partly rubbed out and one heavily shaded it's usual obvious to me which one he means but i am a little concerned the computer eye might not be so certain, any comments ??

Also in a recent move the letter from one word to another :

prince rat

he chose p to make rince and prat i think it was partly a joke and he obviously can't spell rinse but it had me wondering if any dodgy words which would be found in the dictionary are ever allowed as my son is certainly attracted to them i'm sure he's made c r a p before ??
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Tree

Lines should be ONE straight horizontal line. [not diagonal] Children need access to a good rubber, I use large, hard tablet rubbers. All evidence of previous lines must be removed.

With regard to inappropriate words, there may well be the odd word made if the child finds the wrong letter to move over. Rince and Prat is actually quite a common error.

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Tree

As Patricia says, you need to encourage as much accuracy as possible when marking the paper and especially rubbing out.

If his final test scores do not reflect what you genuinely expected, you can ask for a manual re-mark of his papers. I do have to warn you though that re-marks very rarely produce a different result.

Sally-Anne
Tree

Post by Tree »

Thanks i think i really need to work on the answer sheet marking its all over the place
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now