Medway Test - 2007

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Embleton

Medway Test - 2007

Post by Embleton »

My daughter has just finished the test. She says she found the maths difficult as did her friends although she did answer all of the questions. VR and English appeared to be easier although she was a bit surprised that there was no choice of topics for the extended writing test.
Does anybody else have any comments?

Post by Guest »

My daughter has also just finished the test. She was poorly first thing but insisted that she wished to do the test. She now wishes she had not taken it as she felt ill all the way through but was to scared to say. i have taken her tempratue and it is 101 and have a doctors appointment at 15:45. does anybody know if this would be taken into account if she does unfortunatley fail.

Post by Guest »

I wasn't going to look at the site today but couldn't keep away, and am now glad I did look.

Maths is normally my sons best subject and his words when he came out were ' I think the worse paper was maths', which he was shocked by.

Its reassuring that he didn't just go to pieces, and sounds like it was a hard paper this year.

Post by Guest »

My daughter did not finish maths or VR papers. she feels she is the only one was she or can i make her feel better by letting her know she's not the only one

Post by Guest »

My son didin't quite finish the Maths paper as some of questions were 'complicated' as he put it. He did finish the VR though.

Hope that helps your daughter a little.
Guest1

Medway Test 2007

Post by Guest1 »

My daughter took the test yesterday. She said she found the Maths Paper quite hard, but did finish it. She said she VR and English, again finishing theVR paper. She did also say that alot of her friends also found the Maths paper hard. Case of waiting & seeing
Carter

Medway Test 2007

Post by Carter »

My daughter took the test yesterday, and said she found the maths paper quite hard. She said that a lot of friends also found it hard. As for VR, which she is very good at she found it easy and did finish it. The english again appears to have been easier, as this year they did not have to write it in any particular tense.
winnie

medway test 2007

Post by winnie »

Did anyone else feel guilty when leaving their child to complete the test?? At my son's test centre at least two children were taken ill during the Maths test (which absolutely everyone I've spoken to said their child found hard!) - one child fainted andhad to leave the test, another was vomiting into a bucket set up beside his desk! Surely that will affect the results of not only the poor kids involved, but the other children taking the test in the same room? Can we really expect chldren of this age to ignore distractions and maintain concentration in such circumstances? All admissions team will say is that "it's not a perfect system" - well you're telling me!!!!
helen

reply to person whose child was ill

Post by helen »

Sorry to hear your child was ill on test day. In your position I would ask doctor for written evidence that your daughter was running a temperature/feeling poorly. I would then write to the admissions team enclosing a copy of the doctors report. That way should an appeal be necessary (& let's hope not!) then at least you've provided notification of illness, which might be helpful. Alternatively you could phone the admissions team and ask for their advice.
Hope your daughter feels better now.
franklin

medway test 2007

Post by franklin »

Hi everyone,

Very interested to see your postings about the Medway test. My daughter also said that the Maths was very hard and bore no relation to the Nfer test papers she has been working on and doing well in. Also in her test centre a few desks from her one boy was crying throughout the test and banging his head on the desk. She has been very subdued all weekend as not been able to eat. She feels she did well in the VR and extended writing. Irrespective of the ability of the individual child how can these conditions be possibly conducive to concentrating on giving your best. Also, in addition having to answer questions that you have not had any experience in. Given the views expressed here and that they can be multiplied many times perhaps we should be asking Medway to resit the Maths paper. I am going to request a copy of the paper to obtain an independent assessment of it. Failing that I will ask to view the paper.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now