Do many people from Maidstone go to Judd school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Do many people from Maidstone go to Judd school?

Post by pheasantchick »

Do many people from the Maidstone area and surrounding villages go to Judd school? How easy is it to get there from Maidstone?-
2stressed

Post by 2stressed »

I live in the Maidstone area and my son goes to MGS. He had the scores for Judd but chose MGS because he liked it more. There are a few boys (usually about 1 a year) in my village who do go to Judd but the down side is obviously the travelling. Another issue that a friend of mine has found is that the catchment area is so wide that they could emd up with friends who live 50 miles away!!! :shock:
2stressed

Whoops

Post by 2stressed »

Sorry pheasantchick - i've just realised that I have already written this message to you in your other posting LOL :D
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thanks for replying.

Travelling to Judd is one of my concerns so can I ask you a couple of questions. Firstly, what time does your friend have to leave for school, how long does it take, and what time does he return from school?

I must admit, it never crossed my mind about the friends issue, ie. Having them widespread.

Thanks for your help.
2stressed

Post by 2stressed »

I think he leaves at about 7.15am and gets home at about 5.00pm. I think the journey is about 1 hour by train and walk but they have to pay because this is not covered by a freedom pass and it is not his nearest appropriate Grammar school so doesn't qualify for free travel.

If he has after school clubs this is later but his parents have to pick him up as it's too late for him to travel on his own. I guess this will change as he gets older.

Hope this helps