guide to admissions for 2010 now available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
emmajane1

guide to admissions for 2010 now available

Post by emmajane1 »

on medway council website as of this afternoon.

Wouldn't you guess it- we have weekend away booked for 2-3 oct based on the open morning being sat 19th Sept at RGS last year. This year it is on sat 3rd so my dd won't be able to go.

We can still do the tours around after the test results (assuming we are looking at selective schools at that point) but we'll miss thta mornign.

oh well
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Just to add to that...the online testing application is open for the Medway test.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

medwaymum wrote:Just to add to that...the online testing application is open for the Medway test.
!

Only last Friday I was told by Medway Admissions you could not apply on line.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

wouldn't worry about missing the open morning - they tend to be very busy and I've nver thought that they gave a true picture of the schools. Better to go looking round later - preferably while the school is having a "normal" day
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

I didn't think it was online test application (I believe you do have to fill in the paper form at the back of the guide for that ) but that you can apply for a secondary school place online .
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I spoke to Admissions to ask for the form at the back of the Admissions Booklet and they told me that they had had a problem with the online application but that it was up and running now. It seemed to go through fine, I received a confirmation email and reference number.

With Kent, if you apply online you receive the decision the day the letters are posted, so I am wondering (hoping) may be the same with Medway.

Emmajane - you can also apply for the schools as well. :)
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

thanks for that Medway mum

All done. It was very straightforward to apply for the test online so thanks.
paulap

Post by paulap »

Have just registered my DD for the RGS Taster. Also plan to go to the Open Evening at Fort Pitt next week even though they haven't even sat the test yet.
polly0494

Medway Test

Post by polly0494 »

Would it be advisable to use the paper form for the Medway test as well as the online option? I was unaware that for Medway applicants there was an online facility and cannot get onto the Medway Council website to check.

Any further info appreciated. (Cannot believe how quickly the date is approaching now)!

Regards

Polly
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I would personally use one or the other, not both. If you have sent your form into the council then you can telephone to ensure they have received it if you are worried. Or if you apply online, you will receive an email confirming receipt.
It is on the Medway.gov website, under Learning, Schools, Admissions, if I remember correctly.

Hope this is helpful. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now