Secondary school admission information books.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Secondary school admission information books.

Post by Tolstoy »

Just wondering if anyone has had these yet?

(Personally I think they should be given out in the summer term as we had missed some open evenings last year because we happened to be away when they were eventually given out).
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

The dates can be found here

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index ... leid=93394

and a link to an online copy of the 2010 admissions brochure can be found at the bottom of this webpage.

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index ... cleid=7726
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

i have also posted this info on the "sticky"-thanks Burneth!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks for that Burneth.

I had been onto that link a couple of weeks ago but they hadn't updated the test registration form. I see they have now.

It was the Wydean open evening we missed last year and it was annoying because it has a sixth form.

I like the book because I struggle to read a mass of info on a screen, it affects my eyes. I end up looking like this :twisted: but without the pointy ears.
Milla

Post by Milla »

We got sent the letter from Pates on the second day of school last week - (frankly I was not impressed by the grammar / styling of it. Rather poor. I've resisted my big mouth urges and not passed on this gem to them but am surprised at sloppy comma splices / over-running sentences, repetition of words when a different one could have been used.)

Anyway, seems that they're offering day-time look rounds for Y6s, by appointment. If you haven't had the letter, and are interested, then either chase up your school or I can post the e-mail address here. Just don't tell 'em I was raising my eyebrows at the letter!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I think those sort of letters only go to local schools. This is why the book should go out in the summer term.

Pates is too far travel wise for us and as it is harder to get into than Tommies, which will be our first choice, its not worth viewing as a back up school.

Can't say I am not tempted though just to see what all the fuss is about :lol: .
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Bumf arrived yesterday. GC must have gone enviro friendly, or recession aware, as it is far more scaled down version than last year.

DS2 had first bit of stick about not opting for the catchment school :roll: . Handled it admirably though :) .
Milla

Post by Milla »

not had it yet :cry: but, I have submitted The Form (along with panicky SAE) since it was attached to the back of the Pate's letter. Now taunted by horrid imaginings that I filled it in all wrong and ticked "High School for Girls" by mistake. We have the meeting at school next week about it scheduled ... against one of the open evenings for Pate's. Madness. Our school always gets a few in so to pit the talk about secondary school options against it seems mad. We have our general Y6 chat after school on the day of the other Pate's evening, squeezing the timings for everyone. Are they sending out a message here??
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Given the form and stamped addressed envelopes. :shock: meeting about options :shock: .

My how the other half live :wink:
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh? what? how? where?
Doesn't your school do an idiot's guide to filling in the CAF and so on?? I think ours is held because we have an extra hurdle in that our local comp runs a "fair banding" thing (impossible to understand the sense of it) so they have to attempt to explain it.
THE form (running out of options as to how to convey how scary it is) is the one you fill in and send to say you're sitting for the grammars.
Am I being dim here?
Must stop implying that it's me that's sitting the test!! :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now