Which Science Testbook

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nakabar

Which Science Testbook

Post by nakabar »

Can you please recommend a book which explains the topic and then Q&A afterwards. This is for a KS3 Student. Thank you.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I really like CGP books

Try googling them. They set things out in a really simple format and are really accessible
GemmaB

Post by GemmaB »

would agree with CGP
Try e bay they have a few on at the moment.
Check first on their website which explains what is in each book
zee

Post by zee »

Which exam board is it for? The Letts books have a tabe at the beginning, which shows which topics are relevant for which exams.
fm

Post by fm »

I think it would depend on bright the child is.

CGP tends to have a lot of information on the page and can be too much for a poorer student.

With an average student, I would use the Lett's books. KS3 Success. I'd buy the study guide along with the Questions and Answers book, and do it topic by topic. First learn in study book, then next night do Q & A.

CGP also have Q & A book but tend to go into a depth that is not always necessary for an exam, while obviously being very worthwhile for a top end students who wants a challenge.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

collins do a good series of books too,
zorro

Post by zorro »

DS just started in Y8 has just been given the CGP Workbooks , a CGP Complete Revision and Practice for Chemistry and Physics also Science Scope books by Hodder and Stoughton which have a Test Yourself section at the end of each chapter.