are CAT and VR scores a good indication for 11+ results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
susiesue

are CAT and VR scores a good indication for 11+ results?

Post by susiesue »

My daughter got a CAT score of 124 last nov, and a VR score of 134 this june/july. What scores are classed as 'good'? And does it have any reflection on results for 11+? She wanted to go to Denmark Road until we saw Pates last week! (Very impressed!) How can we tell if they are capable of passing the 11+ or are in with a good chance? Don't want her to get her hopes up for them to come crashing down :cry: She's my eldest so all of this is completely alien to me! Someone pls help
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... e9f238fcd1

The link above may help.

From personal experience I would say that my DS1's CAT scores were lower than DS2's. DS1 did the 11+ last year and passed for Tommies but didn't score high enough for Pates. DS2 is due to sit this year. He is consistantly scoring higher than his brother in his practice tests and I would expect him to achieve a higher score in the actual test which would possibly put him into the Pates catagory. I don't have exact CATS scores for either boys as we weren't given them but I was told that DS2 was in the top percentage group.

Fortunately we want Tommies for DS2. Places for Pates are extremely limited so in your position I would definately sit the test but not place too much emphasis on any of the Grammars until you get the results in Nov. This is what we did with DS1 last year when we were unsure whether he would get a high enough score to go to Tommies.