Request to examin Medway test 2007 exam papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Request to examin Medway test 2007 exam papers

Post by Guest »

Does anybody know if it is possible to get copies of the 2007 Medway Test as it would be interesting to see just how much my son has never ever experienced in the maths paper up until Saturday
andy

Post by andy »

You wouldn't be able to get hold of them at the moment that's for sure - the "mop up" session for the children who were ill on Saturday is on Thursday. I think after the results are published schools are able to obtain past papers. You ould ask your son's teacher. You could also phone the council to see if copies are available. Maybe we should all have a go at the paper ourselves and see if we parents could pass the 11+!! :roll:
curious

People sitting a later exam

Post by curious »

Does anybody know wether the extended writing english paper is the same for the children saitting the latert exam? It concerns me that they may well be able to be coached, if they know what was on the paper.
curious

People sitting exams after 6/1

Post by curious »

Does anybody know wether the extended writing english paper is the same for the children sitting the latest exam? It concerns me that they may well be able to be coached, if they know what was on the paper.
winnie

Post by winnie »

Seriously?? :o
Any "coaching" could only ever be along the lines of encouraging a child to use good punctuation, stylistic devices, good vocabulary etc.....isn't that what we've all been doing the last few months anyway?! I can't think anyone would be desperate enough to make their child write a perfect story and then memorise it would they?
In any case, access to the paper wouldn't give any clues as to what the examiners are looking for. Remember English is the only one of the three papers marked manually (ie by highly trained, experienced professionals as opposed to computers).
Chill out! :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now