1st test 2nd test !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HYates

1st test 2nd test !

Post by HYates »

hi to every one during this stressful time !!!

does anyone know if the question types in the first test will be repeated on the second test OR will the second test only have question types NOT used on the first test - I think i read that the z types are on both papers ?

any help appreciated since we are trying to prepare for the second test !!!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Hi - if my memory serves me correctly both papers have about 12 question types plus the Type Zs, which means that question types not covered in first paper will (almost) certainly be included in the second. There will inevitably be a few question types covered in both, and 2 Type Zs crop up in both papers.

I say "almost certainly" because I know that one question type did not come up in either paper a few years ago. Which means there might be one type which is not covered at all, but best to make sure your DC is up to speed on all of them anyway as you never know which types are going to be covered in both papers!

Good luck.
Marylou
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Hyates

Last year, for the first time in some years all 21 types appeared across the 2 papers. Until then, one type had usually been missing.

The balance of Codes, Vocab and Maths questions is always quite similar on each paper as well.

As Marylou says, some types that appeared in Test 1 will be repeated on Test 2, so your child still has to be ready for every type.

Sally-Anne
Tree

Post by Tree »

my house last night:

Me "so zoob" (some names may have been changed to protect the innocent) "lets go through the types of questions to see what was in the exam"

zoob "do we have to"

Me "no of course not but it might be a good idea"

zoob "no then"

me "ok we have to"

zoob "okay then" said in that way that 10 yr olds have.

me " so type A" was that in it

zoob "oh yeah really hard"

me "ok" type B ?

zoob " oh yeah missed them out"

me "what"

zoob " jokes"

me " ha ha" type c

zoob "oh yes"

etc with zoob affirming all types till we get to z

me "type z "

zoob " i didn't leave them to the end "

me "oh fine cos they were easy "

zoob "no they took ages but i really like them "

Me "what"

zoob "jokes"

me " ok i give up we'll just leave it till next week see how goes"

zoob has run off

me "where's the cork screw ?"
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Post deleted by Moderator Sally-Anne

Sorry Ian - we don't allow any discussion of which types appeared in the test because of late testers.

With the exception of Type Z, that is!
Tree

Post by Tree »

as you can see he said yes to them all so i have no idea so i have officially given up with selective practicing for the second test and we are going to relax take it as it happens
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Tree' you did make me laugh, I seemed to have that same conversation with my DD today and when it got the point when the response was "... well I can't actually remember what was in the test now as it was yesterday!" I gave up :?

What can you do :!:
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now