simon langton grammar school for boys, canterbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
alexandra6

simon langton grammar school for boys, canterbury

Post by alexandra6 »

Does anyone know whether having a daughter at simon langton girls' grammar school would help you gain a place at the SLBS? They mention siblings (girls and boys) on the oversubscription criteria but I assume this refers to the girls in the 6th form. :?: :?:
observer

Post by observer »

As far as I am aware the two schools (boys and girls) are totally separate and you would have to have a daughter in the sixth form, as you suspected, to get your son in via the sibling route....
katel

Post by katel »

No, there isn't a sibling link with the girl's school. And the catchment has got much smaller over the last couple of years too.
alexandra6

Post by alexandra6 »

thank you both for your replies - this was what I feared. Even if my son passes really well, there may be 120 siblings who take all the places. :twisted: Even though we live in Canterbury. Unlikely but not impossible. So roll on the 19th for results day but then another 4 1/2 month wait to see if we get in :( :(
katel

Post by katel »

You should be all right if you live in Canterbury, surely? I know someone who got in from Faversham last year, and there is someone at the girl's school from Dover.

When I said the catchment was closing in, I meant that I think it's about 6 miles now!
alexandra6

Post by alexandra6 »

thanks Katel, I think you're right and he should get in if he passes - it is just the product of an over anxious parent, all this worrying about lots of siblings being chosen ahead of him :cry: We live really near to the school so he has always assumed he will go there - a hard assumption to cope with if that e mail on 19th brings the wrong result.