Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fed up

How did it go?

Post by fed up »

My son said it was hard......
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Ditto. Mine had a wobbly bottom lip when I picked him up.

Said he missed out 'loads'. But is prone to exaggeration and self-deprecation.

Thank goodness it's over!
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

There were lots last year who admitted to missing out 'loads' mine included. Though they were neither unduly pessimistic they we certainly not optimistic either. Eventually those who were thought capable of passing mostly did and there were very few awful surprises!

The period from now until the results are declared is unquestionably agonising. I do so sympathise with all you parents! I would simply ask you not to interrogate your dd or ds, they will need to move on and so do you. The die is cast and the next twelve months is in my view the biggest ask that any state educated child has to meet. The astounding thing is how well they meet that challenge. Thank goodness the Adjudicator ruled not to change the goal posts at the last minute. I am not sympathetic to the Northamptonshire interests who first made the challenge but it was magnanimous of them to say to the Adjudicator they did not want to disrupt this years proceedings by a very late adverse ruling.
Take heart all and join rehab for the next six months!
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

My dd thought it was hard. Came out saying 'don't think I did enough to get a pass', she also said she left loads of questions out. So we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, well done to all those children who sat today's exam.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter said that it was fairly hard and that she felt that she could have done better. She missed out quite a few...

She thought that paper 1 was harder, but I know that we must not say any more than that.
newdawn

Post by newdawn »

Agree with above.

He said

1) First paper harder then second
2) left out a bit, especially some of the maths
3) comprehension OK
4) "Shape questions the easiest bit"
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter now thinks that she probably has not answered enough to get a place at RHS...
newdawn

Post by newdawn »

I cannot get a grasp of how many questions were actually asked.

About 180 in each paper?

How many left blank, about 30?

Who knows

Any thoughts
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter has not told me how many questions there were. Also, she has no idea how many she did not answer. Sorry.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

When my DS did the 11 plus last year, he was shocked at how many questions there were and how different these were from the ones in the sample paper. He did miss several questions but still passed with excellent scores so please try and not agonise too much.