Help! Halloween Party for 4 year old boy. Ideas please!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

inkypinkyponky

Help! Halloween Party for 4 year old boy. Ideas please!

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Our eldest two are girls aged 15 and 12 and have had girly/make up/princess/cinemas parties as they grew up.

Our third born is a boy who arrived after 7 years of trying to get pregnant.

He was due in the November but arrived a couple of weeks early, yes, you guessed it, on the 31st October, Halloween. It was scary, with labour only 1hr 40mins and he was born only 9 mins after arriving at the hospital! We checked for horns and hooves, all clear there, but as my OH had been born with 6 fingers, we wanted to be sure!

We are having a fancy dress party at home for him on the 31st with about 15 other children, aged 2, 3 and 4 and I wondered if you good people out there could offer me any ideas for easy games and food? I know it's still 4 weeks away, but any ideas will be gratefully received!

I'm going to do 'Pass the Pumpkin' instead of 'Pass the Parcel', string some doughnuts onto a line for some messy munching and 'Pin the Pumpkin on the Donkey'. Ok, ok, getting desperate!

The only food I can think of is bat shaped sarnies, fairy cakes (goblin cakes?) with orange goo on the top and jelly with edible jelly spiders in. Mmmmm, yummy!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Cherry tomatoes (bloodshot eyeballs?), hotdog or cocktail sausages (shrivelled fingers?), tomato soup (blood?), long spaghetti with maybe a light sauce on it (worms?)...
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Breadsticks (crumbly bones?)...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

worms and brains, spaghetti and meatballs,

you can set all sort of things in jelly

Master yoyo (oct 3 birthday) had a ghosty theme, we found spider ice cubes to for drinks and also bought skull goblets from Asda, ribena makes great "blood"

We covered the dining room chairs with sheets, had fake cobwebs over the lights and invitations which came from " Castle Doom" which began
"Welcome my friends on this my 800th birthday..........

chocolate fingers and lots of gruesome sweets helped..

Try Asda thay have a wealth of tasteless halloween stuff!

Flap teh ghost is a great halloween game. Ghosts cut out of greaseproof paper and you have to flap them with a rolled up newspaper to a finish line.
Igglepiggle

Post by Igglepiggle »

What about some kind of Halloween Hunt? - just like Easter Eggs but with cut up shapes of ghosts, pumpkins or whatever. From experience, we have an adult secretly continuing to hide things as the children are looking - just makes it last a bit longer!
Halloween crafts - decorate a witch's/wizard's hat.
If you google "Halloween party ideas", bet you'll find loads.
Have fun!
Floss

Post by Floss »

Make up some jelly, but make it more watery so it doesn't quite set, put some little gifts in the bowl then cover the bowl with dark material with a slit in the top. Let the kids put their hands through the slit to try and find a treat :)
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Wow, what lots of fantastic ideas!

I love the runny jelly idea, wafting greaseproof ghosties, a Halloween Hunt, and decorating a hat.

Hadn't thought of decorating the house but using sheets and cobwebs (might just keep the real ones up :lol: )is a great thing to do and personal invitations too. A trip to asda is a definite outing this week!

Breadsticks being crumbly bones is inspired and cocktail sausages as shriveled fingers is fab!

Thanks for your help!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

A game we play at Halloween which is very popular is the "mummy game".

You split the kids into teams, issue each team with a toilet roll or two and then its the fastest team to make one of their team mates into a mummy. Very funny, have a camera to hand.

You can get Pumpkin pinatas and apple bobbing , of course.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh yes, I can remember apple bobbing as a Brownie and being held under water by a not very nice Brownie.

The youngest ones at son's party are only two and very clumsy so they may go in head first for a swim!

I like sound of the 'Mummy game', that sounds really funny. Excellent idea , thank you!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Party bag idea - why don't you go 'trick or treating' around your street to a few neigbours ( who are in on the game). Give each child a party bag and at each house, the neighbour can give each a child a few sweets, small toy etc. It may be a fun why to finish the party.

Apple bobbing

Decorate cakes with a spider web design

Ghost related story
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now