Getting the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bexley Mum 2

Getting the results

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Is anybody in Bexley getting twitchy about whether or not their 11+ results will actually turn up on the 15th? Our postal service is diabolical at the moment - a birthday card posted on 24 September turned up on 30th; another card posted on 26 September still hasn't arrived. We have such a short time frame between getting the results and submitting our CAF it would be awful if this was reduced further because of the postal strike.

I don't believe Hill View are in the habit of giving out results over the phone so I'm not sure what I will do if the letter doesn't appear on time!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Well as they haven't got our email addresses, I reckon they'd send the results to school who would distribute letters at the end of the day via the kids.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I guess they'd do something like that if there was a blanket strike but that's not what's happening. As I understand it, industrial action is patchy/localised and seems to be affecting some areas but not others.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

On the Bexley council website it just says that if there are disruptions to postal service then alternative arrangements will be made. I suppose nearer the time they will say what the alternative arrangements are.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

pigeons? :lol:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Just spoke to Admissions and they aren't anticipating any problems with results arriving on time as only post going through central London is affected by the industrial action - not local post. Now I'll have to find something else to worry about!
bexmumof2

Post by bexmumof2 »

Oh damn, what else can we make a fuss over and worry about.... because the results arn't enough :lol:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Worry about whether your child is allocated Bexleyheath!
Went today OMG! :shock:

And it's impoved since last year?! :roll:
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Is anyone else finding the wait till next week difficult? I know it's not that long now and we can't change the outcome, but I just want to know!!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Awful isn't it? I actually dreamt about getting the letter last night! I'm delighted we now get results before we submit our CAF, but under the old system I managed to switch off after the tests until a week or two before the results/school allocations were sent out in March. Three weeks just isn't long enough to switch off.

But believe me, the worst part of all will be waiting for the postman on Thursday! Ours doesn't come until late morning/lunchtime so I expect Thursday morning to be a complete write-off. Last time we did this some friends didn't get their post until about 3pm!