Primary maths - KS1 - a good course

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Primary maths - KS1 - a good course

Post by mystery »

What would you suggest as a good course for KS1 if you were homeschooling your child in KS1 maths?

Thanks
um

um

Post by um »

My son seemed to do well with the Schofield and Sims books.
No fancy gimmicks like colour or stars - and pretty preasonable prices. He really preferred these over the expensive ones from WH Smith and so did I. They were great for KS1 and especially the KS2 series - I wish they did a KS3 series but sadly they don't.
AE tuition also do a good mutiplication workbook set good for 7 year olds.
Villagedad

Re: um

Post by Villagedad »

um wrote:My son seemed to do well with the Schofield and Sims books.
No fancy gimmicks like colour or stars - and pretty preasonable prices. He really preferred these over the expensive ones from WH Smith and so did I. They were great for KS1 and especially the KS2 series - I wish they did a KS3 series but sadly they don't.
AE tuition also do a good mutiplication workbook set good for 7 year olds.
Hi
we use the S&S KS2 mental arithmetic ones with our 7 yr old. Could you let me know which are the KS1 ones, as we have a 5 yr old who likes maths too.

Thanks
um

Post by um »

If you go to the Schofield and Sims website you will see a list of all their books.
They start from nursery age - 2 or 3 years old, with workbooks on how to count to 5 and write letters - and then obviously move their way up. Many libraries sell the books I've noticed, and it is a good chance to look through them to see what is suitable.