St Olaves Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BromleyGuest

St Olaves Results

Post by BromleyGuest »

Has any one got their results yet? They are due this month.

Post by Guest »

I asked St O's last week. they are posted TODAY. apparently there will be no info on ranking, just raw scores.

I know that for Newstead Woods (which published standardised results last month) they also gave info about what sort of results were needed in the last few years, presumably to give some guidance about whether there was a chance of a place or not. Don't know what Olave's are going to do on that front - if they don't do so, then the data is useless. And I understood the whole point of giving some info was so people knew whether they needed to accept private school scholarships at the end of Feb.

anyway, all the best to you and yr son!

Post by Guest »

The results have come this morning. It's a little bit like trying to interpret the Delphic oracle. They have given a raw score, then said the range of scores which would have been sufficient in previous years. But of course one can't tell whether this year's test was marginally harder/easier than previous years, so it doesn't really tell us a lot.

anyone know any more?
Guest1066

Post by Guest1066 »

Our Son got 128 ( He scored highly in Maths but his Englisg dragged the score down) . Going from the past results that are posted ( placed offered between 131 to 135 ) we have just missed a place so are a bit disapointed. We are also curious in regardto the past results ( 131- 135 ) as this is the first year they have not had a verbal reasoning exam so do not see how they can make this statement soley for Maths and English unless the raw results show that 135 is the cut off this year.

Post by Guest »

that's a good point about the reasoning. I assume (and it's no more than that) that they've adjusted the previous years to take account (ie what would have been the first 112 in rank order without the reasoning). perhaps worth asking the school.

Post by Guest »

Guest 1066

I know it's a bit touch and go, but don't assume you haven't got a place. the 131 - 135 is to be in the first 112 by ranking. They did give a pretty big hint that they go further when people take up places elsewhere. Also, if he did well in the maths I understand it is the maths score which is used as the tie breaker if the aggregate scores are level.

don't give up, though I feel for your frustration at being so close in a really tough exam.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now