Results for the 11 plus 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
beckyj

Results for the 11 plus 2009

Post by beckyj »

well I got my Daughter's 11 plus results today, I had to call the local school to get them as they sent her letter to the wrong address.
Anyway the lady on the phone told me she got 216 and needed 220 to pass for the Spalding High School, she was gutted as her best friend had passed. After a chat she felt better, I told her I was so pleased that she had a go and scored really well, her cousin went to the Gleed Girls and passed 7 exams As & Bs so it can be done. Taking her out next week for a meal as I am very proud of her for trying her best.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sorry to hear your daughter was disappointed Becky. You are absolutely right that plenty of children do well at the non-selective schools. If you felt that she should have passed it might be worth considering an appeal. You could start by discussing it with the primary school. Last year there were 11 successful non-qualification appeals for the High School (scores all betwen 215 and 219).
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

Sorry it wasn't the result you'd hoped for. :(

As Alex said, it is very near the pass mark so you may still be in with a chance.

Hugs xx
emmgemuk

Post by emmgemuk »

Still waiting, the postman is at the other end of the villiage! where are u confused?
NorthLincs

Got the letters today

Post by NorthLincs »

Well, we got a letter from both Caistor and Louth, all I can say is that our daughter must have done extrememly well as the Caistor letter contained the words"Very Impressive" and select few are receiving this letter.Louths 'was similarly worded.
The emotion and relief at getting this news was overwhelming for us all, I hope everyone else gets the results they are hoping for.
Am so proud of our daughter, especially after all the hard work she did through the summer in preparation

:D :D :D
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

So sorry Beckyj. :(
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

Well done NorthLincs!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Congratulations northlincs Junior - well done
lec

Post by lec »

Sorry Becky,she is very close to the pass though.Do you think you will appeal?
Lovely that you are taking her out as she worked so hard.
Congrats to others..it is a strange system really isn't it?
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

Beckyj, I think you really should appeal; she was so close to the pass mark, I think you owe it to her - proviing she is in agreement of course.