Are the tests for out of borough kids during school time?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlemissfavored

Are the tests for out of borough kids during school time?

Post by littlemissfavored »

I was wondering as a Greenwich Parent, my son will take both Kent & Bexley tests next year.

He attends a Greenwich school- will the out of borough tests be at the weekends or will it be during school time?
Thanks.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Out of borough candidates sit the Bexley tests in a Bexley venue at the same time as the in borough candidates sit the tests.

Kent are less obliging and out of county candidates have to do all the tests in one go on a Saturday at a venue in Kent. This is quite a mammoth session - my son had to be there at 8.30 and we picked him up around 2pm. They do offer out of county candidates a practice session the Saturday beforehand. But, be warned, this is really to get your child used to the format of the day and the setting (which is useful). The practice papers tend to be Nfer papers (this year they used set A) which your child will probably have already done by this stage and they are not marked.
Irene+

Re: Are the tests for out of borough kids during school tim

Post by Irene+ »

littlemissfavored wrote:I was wondering as a Greenwich Parent, my son will take both Kent & Bexley tests next year.

He attends a Greenwich school- will the out of borough tests be at the weekends or will it be during school time?
Thanks.
It will be during school time (2 days).
littlemissfavored

Post by littlemissfavored »

Thanks for all your replies,very useful. Especially when you need to plan annual leave well in advance. Do you know which Bexley venues that are used?
The practice papers tend to be Nfer papers (this year they used set A) which your child will probably have already done by this stage and they are not marked.
I am not familiar with these yet. Kindly tell me more and where I can get them.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Hi my daughter sat the tests in Hurstmere school this year, they also used Chis and sid and bexley grammar amongst others, it could be any bexley secondary school, they try to put all the kids from the same primary school together. Not sure where to get the NFER papers as someone gave them to me. Any othwe info as an Out of borough applying to Bexley I'll help if I can
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

You can pick up Nfer papers from WH Smith. Bexley and Kent tests are set by Nfer so these practice papers are considered to be close to the real thing. People usually save them until nearer the tests to do them. There are 4 NVR, 4 VR, 4 Maths and 4 English papers on the market. But of course you just need Maths and VR for Bexley now. Don't be tempted to buy the variety packs as well (4 papers, one for each subject) as these just contain the papers used in the single subject sets. You need the multiple choice format, not the standard.
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Gravesend Grammar School has been used as an out of county test site for the past couple of years at least. They did it this year on the Saturday after the Kent test was sat at the local schools, and a practice day the Saturday before.