CAF....Kings Grantham/Carres

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lec

CAF....Kings Grantham/Carres

Post by lec »

Hello again.

Right re the CAF.We like the look of Kings Grantham and Carres.We are in catchment for Carres.
I see that with Kings it must be 1st choice,I find this confusing because surely the 2nd choice school might not accept child if they are 2nd choice?What do others think..has anyone experience of this sort of thing?
Also if Kings is rank order now,what roughly is deemed a high score?????
Alex

Post by Alex »

There is no "First Preference First" system now - it is not permitted by the School Admission Code. The present system of "Equal Preference" means that the schools do not see in what order you put them on the CAF form.
It is important to put the schools in your genuine order of preference because the Local Authority will allocate you whichever school you put highest on your form which is able to offer you a place.

Thus if you prefer King's you should put it first - if the score is not high enough for you to be offered a place, then Carre's in effect becomes your first choice if you put it next.
If you prefer Carre's put it top - the likely outcome is that you will get a place there and then the application to King's would not "come into play" even if they could have offered you a place.

Hope this is clear!

As for scores, I think last year there was a cut-off score of 225 for King's and also for "out of area" people for Carre's - but need to check to make sure.
lec

Post by lec »

AH,I see,sort of[?]
Would we need to send the score to King's if son wants to go there?
Alex

Post by Alex »

You should let them know if you are going to apply and they will get the score from Carre's - they would do this anyway once they received the data from your application if you put them on the form. You may find it helpful to ring them anyway as they often will give some indication of whether you may be likely to get a place with a particular score.
lec

Post by lec »

I will ring 'em on Monday.Thanks Alex.
lec

Away for March 2nd!

Post by lec »

Have just realised that we will be away for the week when letter wikk be sent out!
I knew there was something when I booked the Holiday but couldn't remember what?![eeek]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now