Calderdale pretest

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

optimistic!

Calderdale pretest

Post by optimistic! »

Can anybody remember the date for the results? I think it is the 15th but can't remember for sure.

Thanks
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

Yes, the results are posted out on the 15th, so we should have them for next Saturday!

My daughter has just come back from a residential trip, and is shattered, so we are not relying too heavily on how she does today.

Good luck at your end!
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

helhan68 wrote:Yes, the results are posted out on the 15th, so we should have them for next Saturday!

My daughter has just come back from a residential trip, and is shattered, so we are not relying too heavily on how she does today.

Good luck at your end!
Fingers crossed for Saturday then!

We're not relying heavily on today either; we've already submitted our application and won't be changing it when we get the results. For us, today was about having the experience of having done it.

She reckoned it was OK, she finished the papers and had a little time to spare. She said she guessed 3 VR questions and 6 maths ones.
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

Sounds like she did well, optimistic!

I agree, yesterday was about the process not the result-we won't be changing our preference form either!

We have CH first and NHGS second. I actually prefer NHGS but we live a 10 minute walk from CH-and DD prefers it! As she is the one hopefully having to attend, I think she gets the final say!

Fingers crossed
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

helhan68 wrote:Sounds like she did well, optimistic!

We have CH first and NHGS second. I actually prefer NHGS but we live a 10 minute walk from CH-and DD prefers it! As she is the one hopefully having to attend, I think she gets the final say!

Fingers crossed
Well I hope so, of course there is a difference between answering all the questions and answering them properly!

We preferred NHGS last year but this year we liked CH a little more but NHGS is nearer and where her friends want to go.

Fingers crossed for your DD.
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

Thank you! Likewise!

x
Haze

Post by Haze »

DS said he answered everything, but some (type 19) were guessed. However he did tell me that would give him an extra 20% chance of a mark so I think he deserves to pass just for working that out!

I'm getting nervous now though, since my tutoring is also being put to the test. :oops:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

When I was waiting for the results I consoled myself and DS, with the idea, that it wasn't just about how good he was, but how good the other pesky kids were.

Well it worked for me. :lol:
helhan68

Post by helhan68 »

That's what I keep telling DD-she is very clever but there might be 310 cleverer!

Hoping to keep her self-esteem intact should she not manage to get in.

In some ways she seems to have peaked too soon-and her scores have dipped recently-I think she is fed up with it, even though we have been pretty low key.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I do hope everyone gets the results they are hoping for.

For those who don't - it may comfort you to know, that between the pretest and the actual test, my DC's standardised score improved considerably.

Good Luck :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now