Getting into grammar year 10

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kesi68

Getting into grammar year 10

Post by Kesi68 »

Hi, I wonderd if anyone new what my sons chances are at getting into a bucks grammar school in year 10, to start sept 2010.We are out of county.
He is unhappy at current local comp, we loked at Amersham school today, who have a place for him,but as they take there options in year 8, the choices left were limiting, and they also suggested as he is academically able to look at a grammar school.Look forward to your comments
Kesi68
A Very worried Mum

Post by A Very worried Mum »

Dear Kesi68,

A few days ago, I would have been unable to comment. However, we were with friends on Sunday who's Daughter was in exactly the same situation at her scool. She was not challenged at all and it was recommended that perhaps a place at Grammar School would be the most suitable option for her.

They contacted BGS and she was invited to sit a test at the school and was offered a place the next day! She started this Monday. This was also for entry into Year 10.

I do not expect this is something that happens often but it clearly does happen. Perhaps contact the Grammar School direct and ask for their advise?

Hope the above helps a little :)

AVWM