living in Capel/Five Oak Green/Tudeley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pepsi

living in Capel/Five Oak Green/Tudeley

Post by Pepsi »

Has anyone been successful in gaining a girls grammar school place living in these areas near Tonbridge? If so did you apply for an out of area place as it seems that these areas are just out of the 11+ catchment area.
alfie2

Post by alfie2 »

Hello Pepsi

We live near to Paddock Wood so we are in the "Mascalls Comprehensive Area" and all grammars are classed as out of area, even though we are 10 mins from Tonbridge or Maidstone.

My daughter has done this year's 11+ and we have been assured that, if she passes, she has a realistic chance of a place in one of these schools, but needs a high score for Tonbridge. Other children in this area are already at grammars, so I am hoping, should we be lucky enough to secure a "pass" then we can get a grammar school place.

Having said that, we have looked at Mascalls as an alternative and think it's fabulous. Excellent facilities and my daughter has already said that she would be more than happy to go there. In fact, it's the easiest journey of all the schools we have looked at.
Alfie
Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Thanks Alfie for information. Please keep me informed as to outcome as we have to go through the same process next year. Good luck with results.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now