Well Saturday looms...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
liesauk

Well Saturday looms...

Post by liesauk »

I know a lot of people use Sutton girls as a 'test' for the real ones that they want i.e. KE and QM, but my DD2 really wants to get into Sutton, she loves science and we live half a mile away.

This is the second year running that I have put myself through this and although DD1 didn't get in she is absolutely loving Plantsbrook school.

I have just came on ( i generally lurk in the shadows) to say good luck to all those that are going for any tests over the next few weeks, I wish them all the best from my heart and feel for both parents and child as the stress takes hold.

I just hope that I have done my best by DD2 and would like to thank FM for all their help without which I don't think DD2 would have stood a chance.

So keep :D chin up and good luck everyone

Liesa
x
za1

Sutton

Post by za1 »

Liesa....the very best to your daughter. You've done your best and thats all you can do. I am sure she will succeed.

All the best to every child taking the BV/Sutton exam on Saturday.

Rgds

za1
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Leisa & Za1,

Suddenly makes it seem very real - seeing posts about an exam my own DC will sit on Saturday. I too tend to "lurk" and have so enjoyed reading the good news for other areas of the country where results are ALREADY out!! Let's hope that there'll be lots of similar stories on this forum come March, and in the meantime, that's it's as stress free as poss for our lovely children (& us parents!).

I must say that I'm glad it's finally starting.

So good luck everyone & roll on saturday at 12:30 when at least one will be out of the way!

BB248
Last edited by BB248 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi All

I too would like to wish you and your Dc the best of Luck - I think it's very cruel making everyone wait untill March for the results - torture!

Wish you all the best with coping strategies to get you through untill March.

Fingers crossed
Lottie
um

Post by um »

my son is also sitting the exam - for bishop veseys not the girls school :D and i'm on the verge of a breakdown, i feel guilty for not starting earlier, not doing enough etc

i'm scouring the internet for what sort of brain food to cook him the next few days, as if that will help :? - i mean food for the brain not cooking a brain - although mine is well cooked - problem is i am sitting holding a baby who won't let me put him down so i can go and cook so maybe its slighly burned frozen pizza again then...

so sad that 10 year olds have to go through this, his childhood is effectively over now. (sob etc)

we don't have the luxury of being able to get into plantsbrook - our local comp is very scary - but anyway good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS thank you FM also you have been a truly massive help for us too
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

HI all.. just like to add my best wishes to everyone facing the exams over the next few weeks. Have to say I agree with BB248 in that I'm also relieved they are finally starting... my son has each exam name written on a piece of paper and will rip it to shreds after that test. I feel tempted to do likewise with the reams of practice papers we've accumulated over the years!
srk13

Post by srk13 »

Wishing the best for everyone taking the exam this Saturday. Keep your chin up and put the smile on.
It is a wonderful forum and thanks to members like fm, KenR, hermanmuster for providing advice and support.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Yes, best wishes to everyone taking the exam tomorrow - and my thoughts are with you all for the next few tense months until the results come out.

Good luck, everyone.

Mike
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Good Luck everyone, thinking of you all!
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi all!! Dropped off little DS to the exam centre and is currently doing his BV exam as I type :( :( :(

I just wish everyone all the best and glad one is out the way. DS was fine and had no signs of being the slightest bit worried...I think I had it much worse....will post feedback later on..better finish the chores before its time to go get him :!: