Running out of papers

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mattsurf

Running out of papers

Post by mattsurf »

I am running out of Maths material:

We have completed the Bond Level 4 Maths and More Level 4 maths (we have level 5 maths, but feeling a bit saturated with Bond)

We have completed the bond sample papers

We have completed the GL sample papers

What do you recommend we do now?

DS is getting 75% on maths, 90% on VR and 80% in English: we still need to do a little more Maths
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Hi,

Have you tried the free papers on the private schools websites?

St Olaves at http://www.saintolaves.net/?p=pdf&nav=2 ... stions.pdf

HABS are really good http://www.habsboys.org.uk/info/examina ... 11plus.php

I'm sure I had one for Pates as well but can only find the VR papers now.

We used the Nfer papers (now GL assessment) for the final couple of weeks practice.
mattsurf

Post by mattsurf »

Thanks
I will look at those papers. We have 5 weeks to go before the 11+ so still a bit of time for last minute preparation

Matt
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

There are 5 free maths papers on the ********** website too. Feel free to pm me if you don't know where to look.

they sell some papers too but unfortunately these don't seem to be as good as the free ones and weren't ideal for us as they weren't multiple choice. they did however build some skills up so when she did her final NFER test she did much better & we finished our practice on the desired confidence building high note.Our test is in saturday aggh ....
KenR

Post by KenR »

rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

emmajane1 wrote:There are 5 free maths papers on the *** Advertising Censored *** website too. Feel free to pm me if you don't know where to look.
We did those but I'm not sure those papers would be very good with only 5 weeks to go as they are very easy - more SATS level I think.

The 'problem' questions on some of the private schools pages are very good & then the actual paper should be a doddle after them - not that they are too hard, but make them think & work within tighter time limits.

Also try the primary maths challenge past papers on http://m-a.org.uk/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=251 I think these are more the level to work at.

And remind DC to read the Q's. My DS always gets the easy ones wrong as he skips throughm the question & skims over a relevant word :cry:
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

I would highly recommend IPS Maths papers. They are on the same level as Bond, i.e. pretty tricky, but ask slightly different questions. You get ten 30 minute papers in a pack.

Like you, we had exhausted the Bond Maths books and needed a new challenge and the IPS papers certainly rose to that!

Hope that helps.
cleo

Post by cleo »

I agree withAmodo I used the NFER and then the IPS. Be aware there a couple of mistakes in the papers unfortunately.