Standardization

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ally

Standardization

Post by Ally »

Hi

Does any one know if there any information I can look at to try and work out how standardization will effect my son

I've tried to look at the link to NFER in the Consortium Stats Sticky, but the page isn't found.

Thanks

Ally
Ally

Post by Ally »

Thanks,

Already had a quick look, but need try to read it in detail. There a little mention of standarization on DAO website. Comparing a mark for a child born in Sept to one born in August. 5% for nearly 12 months age difference. so less than 0.5 per month

Ally
WP

Re: Standardization

Post by WP »

Ally wrote:I've tried to look at the link to NFER in the Consortium Stats Sticky, but the page isn't found.
Sorry, they moved their website. I've fixed the link now.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Comparing a mark for a child born in Sept to one born in August. 5% for nearly 12 months age difference. so less than 0.5 per month
That is just an example. You can't work out what the difference is going to be, because it relates only to the exam being sat and how the cohort perform.
Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

I guess you saw this on the DAO website:
"A child born in August would need to score around 72% to achieve the 115 mark whereas a child born in September would need to score around 77%"

I know it varies every year, but it would be nice to have some guidelines as to whether children need to get >95% in the verbal reasoning to have any chance of getting in, or whether something around 90% would do it. :D

I'm not sure whether it's worth trying at the moment, but my son's so keen.