North London - 11+ Dates - clashes - how does it work?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

North London Dad

North London - 11+ Dates - clashes - how does it work?

Post by North London Dad »

Thinking way ahead of myself here - my son is 5 and won't be sitting 11+ until early 2015 but...

Within our universe we would probably entering him (subject to "fit" - both intellectually and culturally) for MTS, Habs and John Lyon - and potentially one or more schools in Surrey (e.g. Reigate GS).

There's going to be an inevitable chance that there will be a clash in the dates between Surrey and N. London - I note that both Reigate and Habs run their 11+ on the first Friday in January. From experience - how have others managed with this?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Wow - and I thought I was being organised because I had planned the meals for the weekend. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Some schools offer alternative dates for children who are ill or unable to sit an exam for other reasons. TBH I really wouldn't think too much about this yet....
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Hi,

Habs have a second sitting for 11+ exams, John Lyon do too, as do QE I am unsure of MT but can't imagine that they don't as they are quite accomodating.

regards
marigold

Post by marigold »

My husband thinks I am pathologically obsessed with this 11plus lark. Oh, the joy of showing him I am minor league.....

Seriously though, I am sure all the schools will be as accommodating as possible as regards clashing dates, it must happen occasionally.
stevew61

Re: North London - 11+ Dates - clashes - how does it work?

Post by stevew61 »

North London Dad wrote:Thinking way ahead of myself here - my son is 5 and won't be sitting 11+ until early 2015 but...
Planning :lol: today's countdowns DS2 400 days DD 1100 days, oh the madness. :lol:

steve
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen:
North London Dad

The whole 11+ thing has a hazy memory for me. I took the 11+ for Reigate GS in 1982 (it was an inde by then); we live in North London at the moment but there's a good chance we might move to Surrey when the boy looks to transfer. I certainly know that I took the exam in early February.

It looks as if all exams seem to run much earlier than they used to. I assume that the Xmas holiday before DS or DD takes the exam is a barrel of laughs?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

marigold wrote:My husband thinks I am pathologically obsessed with this 11plus lark. Oh, the joy of showing him I am minor league.....
I think I may just have been demoted to the minor league now marigold! :D

North London Dad

Obsession is _not_ just a perfume by Calvein Klein, ok?

;)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

North London Dad wrote:Obsession is _not_ just a perfume by Calvein Klein, ok?

;)

Really, really, really not wanting to sound rude in anyway. Are you seriously pondering these things or are you just teasing us?
I have a five year old too.Her biggest worry is whether or not she will get "Baby sneezes" for Christmas.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now