Question about NFER D

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jeanb

Question about NFER D

Post by jeanb »

My DC has just completed NFER VR D in about 35 minutes and achieved 93%,is it me or is this test easy? She has been scoring about 70-75% in previous NFER and AFN papers consistantly.Dont want to count my chickens!
Maths is another story!
Thanks!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi there

That's a great morale booster !
The Nfer shop bought papers are reportedly easier than the actual test and some of them are easier than others. It may just be that it has all clicked and your child is well on the way to a nice result.

The old addage 'one swallow does not a summer make' always springs into mind so look for consistant improvement and keep up the encouragement. This could be the start of big things !
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

I think even if the paper was an easier one, doing it in 35 minutes is fantastic as time is always an issue on the day. It's also been proven that doing tests/exams with a positive frame of mind definitely helps the scores.

My DS certainly ran out of time in the real test but luckily only the last 5 had to be guessed on the VR (told him never to leave a blank - you never know!).

NVR was a very different story - 15+ unanswered/guessed at due to lack of time. :(
Still - only a couple of days until we find out the damage.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Please be careful with these test papers. My dd scored approx the same in this paper and has just failed the Bexley test with a very low score.
jeanb

Post by jeanb »

Thanks for the replies,I too thought it was easier! But it has given her the much needed confidence for tomorrows test! She has been getting around 75% on all the other NFER and AFN papers.

She doesnt seem to be at all worried and went straight off to sleep tonight after a couple of hours at the park.It'll be me that doesnt sleep and will be pacing the floor tomorrow!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Oh dear sorry to hear that Tracy. I do hope you have a good back up plan and that your daughter is not too disappointed :(
Had she done many other papers?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now