Good Luck Everyone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
observer

Good Luck Everyone

Post by observer »

Just wanted to wish everyone who is waiting for results good luck. I was in the same position last year with my first DC and remember it like it was yesterday...got a couple of years before my next child takes the test and I'm already dreading the waiting....
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Good luck everyone - may see some of you at an open evening at the grammar in which I teach quite soon after. Well done to all the children for going through it. :)
jingle

Post by jingle »

I am not too bad actually. We are lucky enough to have a really good back up which is on the doorstep.Son really wanted to try for the Grammar school his sister attends, but also really liked the alternative school when we visited. I know how fortunate we are to be in this situation,and also know how high the stakes are for others who are not so lucky. When my daughter took her test it was a different story for her for many reasons! well do I remember how awful it was. The waiting, the speculating........! It was horrendous.
I am sitting here wishing for the impossible, which is that all our kids get the results they need to get where they want to go. Unfortunately some of them will and some of them will not be so lucky. Am just about to crack open a bottle of wine and will have the first one for all those children who took this test, successful or not. It is such a huge undertaking for ten year olds and I commend them all for their efforts!!!
You may or may not be able to tell this is not the first bottle of the day. Needed some liquid support to cope with mother in laws visit! best of luck all, hang in there!!!!!!!!!!
rachel'smum

Post by rachel'smum »

Thanks Jingle and here here. Good luck to all ***
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Good Luck everyone for tomorrow!

How many people's kids know the results come out tomorrow? My son asked a few weeks ago when we got them and I told him, but I think he's forgotten - I'm sure there will be some talk of it tomorrow at school though.
jingle

Post by jingle »

My son knows. We had a frank talk about everything this afternoon (initiated by him) I thought he had forgotten but apparently not. He has told me that he will be disappointed but 'will survive' if unsuccessful. He also told me about a boy sitting near him who cried nearly all the way thru' the maths test. He never mentioned this and it made me feel really sad for the poor lad :cry:
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

awful that we put children through this exam if they find it so stressful - if I was invigilating I'd just want to give that poor boy a mars bar and tell him loads of successful people aren't top at school. But that doesn't stop me worrying about our result tomorrow, and since we are out of area and primary school (private) is on half term we may not get actual scores for ages! Can I break into the school for them? :cry:
jingle

Post by jingle »

Oh no Crazy Daisy! How frustrating that must be. We live in a cosy little corner where a scrape through pass will be as effective as maximum marks for all local Grammars, so marks not really a huge issue. This site has been a real eye-opener for me regarding other areas, I had no idea the difficulties faced by some. Do you know where head teacher lives? If so can you and some other desperado parents disguised as trick or treaters sneak your way in and steal the keys to the school! worth a shot perhaps?
Seriously I think it is about time scores were available on the website at least. The email I think is a bog standard yey or nay and would probably be too complicated for KCC to add scores to. Bound to go pear shaped knowing their track record.Feel for you
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Thinking of you all waiting for results - I was in your shoes last year..and the year before that, so know exactly what you're going through.

Good Luck! My fingers are crossed for all of you!
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Thanks Jingle!! In fact we are also going on to try for Newstead so I'm still struggling with little NVR pictures which wake me up at 4am. I really hope you get a great result this afternoon, and it will be so lovely to then be able to forget all about it (hopefully!). Do let us know! And think of my DD doing her NVR and VR tonight - Bond who??? :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now