correction in question

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

correction in question

Post by Guest »

just posted a question to be solved its 1st box is all medduled up so no for that ones are as follows and we have to use it as a guide to do those questions.
36 16 3
1 12 144
48 9 4
mum's reply

correction in question

Post by mum's reply »

first answer/grid is

28 49 2
1 14 196
98 4 7

working through the second one, will give the explaination after that.
jah

Post by jah »

Have given answer on other post
mum's reply

Post by mum's reply »

the second one is:

32 4 4
1 8 64
16 16 2

did u get the logic? or I need to explain it?
mum's reply

Post by mum's reply »

somebody else already answered and explained it, sorry i didn't see it. anyways solving these are very interesting.

Post by Guest »

hi it's me again, who posted this question :roll:
yeah these are the answers my son has worked out and has taken to show to his teacher. i think i confused him by saying that we can't use same number again i.e. 4& 16. well i am happy he has worked out right answers by himself (what about me; BLUSH :oops: he is going to kill me over this matter now). anyways any clue for the question no.2 please, is it yes or no? i would like to thank all of you for response.

mum's reply wrote:the second one is:

32 4 4
1 8 64
16 16 2

thanx

Post by Guest »

yeah these are the answers my son has worked out and has taken to show to his teacher. i think i confused him by saying that we can't use same number again i.e. 4& 16. well i am happy he has worked out right answers by himself (what about me; BLUSH :oops: he is going to kill me over this matter now). anyways any clue for the question no.2 please, is it yes or no? i would like to thank all of you for response.

32 4 4
1 8 64
16 16 2

thanx

Post by Guest »

32 4 4
1 8 64
16 16 2

jah

Post by jah »

I think the answers you need to give are these:

1) In a product magic square the 3 numbers along each vertical, horizontal and diagonal when multiplied together give you the multiplication or product magic constant. This is 1728 for the first square, 2744 for the second and 512 for the last.

2) No, you don't need to know the product magic constant to produce the square because you can use the ratio method which I have given on the other discussion thread.

thanks deary

Post by Guest »

jah wrote:I think the answers you need to give are these:

1) In a product magic square the 3 numbers along each vertical, horizontal and diagonal when multiplied together give you the multiplication or product magic constant. This is 1728 for the first square, 2744 for the second and 512 for the last.

2) No, you don't need to know the product magic constant to produce the square because you can use the ratio method which I have given on the other discussion thread.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now