Aggregate score 393 but failed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tankey

Aggregate score 393 but failed

Post by Tankey »

My daughter scored 140 in VR and 140 in NVR but 113 in maths.
She is level 5 in all her SATS last year and they said her story had basic mistakes in it.
Whilst doing the maths paper, the child next to her was sobbing for 20 minutes which I suspect put her off.

She doesn't want a grammar school now even if we win the appeal as she says she is a faliure :cry:

I realise I can appeal in march, but is there anywhere I can appeal before hand?

I am in Kent.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Your dd should be proud of herself 2 x 140 is superb.

Sounds like the review failed due to the story but don't give up.
Unfortunately, you will have to appeal but if you can get supporting academic evidence, especially in maths, and recount the story of the sobbing child, you stand a good chance.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

if they aren't well enough to do the exam then don't do the exam!
Precisely - which is why most review panels and appeal panels are unlikely to be fooled. There may have been other facts in the case.
Etienne
Looking for help

Re: Aggregate score 393 but failed

Post by Looking for help »

Tankey wrote: She doesn't want a grammar school now even if we win the appeal as she says she is a faliure :cry:
My son was exactly the same this time last year, it is absolutely heartbreaking. However on the (almost) bright side, he has started at his second choice school(not a grammar) and is settling in well. He has been put in top sets where they set and given high KS3 target grades all round, so hopefully things will work out well for him
I hope you appeal and win, but if you don't, you know your daughter is very bright and will do well wherever she goes, cold comfort though that might be at the moment.

Good luck

LFH
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

Are you having trouble with the quote function ? :? Go to after the {quote} tag before writing your post .
You should also be able to edit and delete your posts .
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'll delete the superfluous posts.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now