Townley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bexleydad

Townley Grammar

Post by bexleydad »

Thinking about sending my daughter to Townley next year. We have looked around the school, met pupils etc but as you would expect everyone seemed on their best behaviour during the open days and evenings, so if anyone can give some knowledgeable but impartial advice/information concerning the school, we would be very gratefull.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Very pressurised the further you get up the school. If your dd thrives on this then it's the school for her, if she doesn't then look elsewhere.
bexleydad

Post by bexleydad »

Tracy wrote:Very pressurised the further you get up the school. If your dd thrives on this then it's the school for her, if she doesn't then look elsewhere.
Many thanks.
As a matter of interest what are your views on Chis and Sid?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I really like that school. More boys than girls. Good or bad thing? :lol:
It's sporty but you don't have to be into sport to go there.
Lovely atmosphere, kids polite and smart.
DD1 at BGS but if we lived that way she would have gone to C&S.
bexleydad

Post by bexleydad »

Tracy wrote:I really like that school. More boys than girls. Good or bad thing? :lol:
It's sporty but you don't have to be into sport to go there.
Lovely atmosphere, kids polite and smart.
DD1 at BGS but if we lived that way she would have gone to C&S.
We really liked C & S, but daughter not keen on a mixed school, however feel this may change as she gets older!

Anyone any further views on mixed grammar schools? In particular C & S
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

bexleydad - I get the impression that girls schools can be a bit oppressive and intense in terms of friendships etc. I've also heard that Townley is quite high pressured. I know someone with two daughters - one went to Townley, one to Trinity. The Trinity girl came out with very good A Levels; the Townley girl came out with good A'Levels and mental exhaustion! But I have no first hand knowledge of Townley I'm afraid.

Chis & Sids is a lovely school and we considered it very carefully for ds2. I don't know many children who go there but those I do seem to really like it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now