Appeal for DD with background information.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
keepsmiling123

Appeal for DD with background information sent to Appeals Bo

Post by keepsmiling123 »

Considering parental appeal for DD background information has been emailed separately to Appeal Box. Thanks!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear keepsmiling

Thank you for your question.

I would advise you to share the information with the appeal panel because it could influence their decision.

Believe me, there is hardly anything that they won't have heard before!

There is no need to give written details in this instance, or to submit the evidence in advance. On the appeal form I suggest you write at the very end of your statement "There are some extenuating circumstances on the day of the Maths exam which we are considering bringing to the panel's attention, but it concerns a very private matter that we would rather not put in writing."

You should take 5 copies of the letter to the hearing (3 copies for the panel, 1 for the clerk, and 1 for the representative of the authority).

As you realise, you cannot prove exactly what happened on the day, but the fact that you have not rushed to use this information, and do have some previous evidence, should assist your case.

At the hearing I suggest that, rather than raise the issue yourselves, you wait for the panel to ask about it. Then turn to one another and say "Shall we go ahead?"

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
Etienne
keepsmiling123

Appeal for DD with background information.

Post by keepsmiling123 »

Dear Etienne

Thank you for your prompt response. Your answer certainly helped, especially the reassurance that there is nothing the panel won't have heard.

After much consideration we have decided to go ahead with the parental appeal. When we attended parents evening last night her recent maths test was scored at level 4A, which goes a little way to evidencing our case
(but more importantly made us feel we are doing the right thing).

We will give it our best and then at least won't be left with a niggling 'What if?'

Right, now to start reading the appeals section and roll on May/June

Thanks again

KeepSmiling
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now