stretford grammar results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JMG

stretford grammar results?

Post by JMG »

Hi just got our results for stretford grammar and my dd passed but does anyone know what the score was out of? :?:
JMG

Post by JMG »

Anyone else had their results for stretford? Was stretford a far easier exam than sale or is it just me, my dd only passed sale by a few marks but scored 401 on stretford! Just wondered if anyone else had similar experience? Also stretford gave out raw scores as well as standardised for each paper unlike sale who only gave the standardised!
caz

Post by caz »

i dont think alot did stretford because they have been put into special measures ,my son s tutor told me it was a easy exam
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

Can't say for this year but last year Stretford exam was much easier than the other trafford grammar schools...well that's according to my son. He achieved much higher marks (~40 more) than he did for Altrincham.
Last edited by Zed 1 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

Also forgot to say last year was the the first year Stretford Grammar sat their own exam. They had to re-standardise all the papers and send out a new set of results to everyone! The new results were ~40 more marks than the original results sent to us. I think they'd been too stringent with the first results and not even had enough children that passed.
scooby1

Post by scooby1 »

Caz did your son sit Stretford? My DS passed and we have chosen Stretford above Sale and Urmston due to it being local. Either though it is in special measures (due to management not the children) it is an good school. I know many parents who send thier children and they would recommend it. It is the parents who do not send their children there that put it down. Don't get me wrong there is room for improvement but i'm sure most schools could improve it is called being reflective.

This year Stretford has become more stricter i.e with homework ect due to the special measures tag. Thus it can only get better!!

It is still a great deal better than the local comps around my way.
caz

Post by caz »

no he didnt i wanted him to but he didnt want to ,his tutor told me it is going to get better,my son only passed st ambrose we are not cathlic and out of catchment ,the only hope i have is his school is next to st ambrose and they like kids from there !!if we dont get a place its looks like it will be private school dont really want the fees but i dont want him in a school in manchester