HB Pencils

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest99

HB Pencils

Post by Guest99 »

Hello People of Kent
Have any of you read the strand in the general section about pencils? Apparently only hb will do! This is certainly not something we were told and not something my child did. Was anyone else told to use hb or can we assume that the Kent OMRs are a cut above those of other counties??

(If anyone can set my mind at rest by telling me that their child scored 420 last year using a softer pencil, or a bic biro come to that, I shall be very grateful.)
katel

Post by katel »

Most ordinary pencils are HB, so I wouldn't worry, unless your child used a wax crayon!! At my daughter's school, they provided them with pencils, so I presume I don't have to worry either.
guest99

Post by guest99 »

Hi,
Mine used a 6B unfortunately; She chose it because it gave a nice dark line, which seemed like a good idea at the time!
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

My daughter took her test in Medway and nobody said anything about HB pencils. She just ook a selection in with her some of which may have been HB and others not.
I suppose if your child scores lower then you would expect the best thing to do would be to ask for it to be re-marked by a human being.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

My son was told it had to be HB or the papers could not be marked by the computer - however, don't want to start a panic! The schools should all know that - ours provided HB pencils just in case. I do know that the papers can also be marked manually, so if the computer has a problem reading it, I'm sure it would be sorted. I could not believe a child would fail by not following this rule.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now