URMSTON APPEAL 2/11/9

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

feelinsad

URMSTON APPEAL 2/11/9

Post by feelinsad »

We have just had the results to say that our child has failed Urmston Grammar by 24 marks. Which is quite alot, however she missed the automatic review by 4!. I am seeking help on trying to put forward a case for an appeal - it's quite a long story.

Last June I suffered from septacemia and it was touch and go - the children were told that I was going to die. I had to stay in hospital until the end of November because I had my legs amputated. I then had to go into a care home - because our house is not adaptable. We were finally reunited as a famiy in March 09!

My child has finally been diagnosed by the GP as suffering from Post Traumatic Stress and we are waiting for Trafford to come up with a counsellor.

Before all this happened she was at the end of May when she sat the end of year tests at level 4a bordering on level 5.

The Headteacher supported us with a letter which was to be considered if she had faied by the 20 marks.

Does anyone think it worth while an appeal or would we be offering false hope and should concentrate on finding alternative schooling - the local girls high school is not the environment for her.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Yes!!

Will send you a PM
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Im not from your area and have no direct knowledge of the schools.

If you post in the appeal section I am sure you will receive excellent advice.

I hope that you continue in your recovery and your daughter finds the support that she needs.

Wishing you all the best.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Watfordmum66 is correct, you'll get the best response by posting in the appeals section - open one thread and post everything on there so any advisors can follow your progress easily.
Cupcake

Urmston Appeal

Post by Cupcake »

Hi feelinsad

was very moved by your post and have sent a PM with some info that may be of help to your daughter
feelinsad

feeling better

Post by feelinsad »

My DD passed Stretford - I know alot of people say that Stretford was an easier paper, but she passed comfortably. We are awaiting our appeal from Urmston but the relief that she has another option than our local high school is tremendous.

My DD's elation that she had passed is something that I won't forget.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Good God, I think that this puts a lot of people's problems (me heading the list) in some sort of dire perspective.
Absolutely nothing of value to add but the very sincerest best of luck to you and your family.
EDIT to say thrilled for the good news - you posted as I posted!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Feelin sad

Thats great news really pleased :D for you

I pm'd you to see how you are getting on with appeal stuff.

Exams over so free to help if you need anything?

Best of luck with it and again pleased about Stretford
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now