364 pass mark what chance a place at Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marsbar989

364 pass mark what chance a place at Grammer

Post by Marsbar989 »

Son got 118 118 128 364 passmark, What are the chances of a grammer school place?

The closest schools are Judd, Skinners. I've read on here 414, 406 respectivily are needed.

is it worth naming these and go on the waiting list?

Oakwood, Maidstone, twgsb are also close by. Anybody know the score required for this?

cheers
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Hello! I'm afraid these scores arent high enough for Judd or Skinners as they need to be in the 400's.
If you are within say, 3 miles of TWGSB you should in theory get a place there but there are no guarentees as the closer you are, generally the better chance you have of getting a place.
If you decide on TWGSB i think you will increase your chance by putting this first on your form.
I assume you have visited the schools you mention - do you have a preference?
Marsbar989

Post by Marsbar989 »

I agree judd and skinners probably are not worth putting on the form.

I have not visited ANY schools as
a) I submitted son very last minute.
b) Had no tutor training
c) got 11+ papers and he only averaged 64% on vr and nvr, but 92% on maths
Hence thought he would not pass. (Dont tell him that !)

Any one know the pass mark of Oakwood?

We are about 5miles crow flies to twgbs
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

I have a feeling distance is not crow flies. Its walking route. can anyone confirm this or am i muddling up primary? I'm sure Primary is crow flies.

I think you should whizz round 2 schools next week before you make final decision (even without son..) It just might make your mind up for you. :)
mac

Post by mac »

Hi all, I thought putting a school first/second on a list didn't affect your chances?

So, if you put Skinners first and TWGSB second but don't get accepted by Skinners, then TWGSB don't hold it against you that you put them second?
Tankey

Post by Tankey »

Tonbridgemum, I think it is a the crow flies....yep, just checked in the admissions book and TWBG do it as the crow flies.

Mac, as far as I am aware, they dont know who you put first or second, a few years ago, they used to though.
I am new to this myself, so i could be wrong :)
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Distance in Kent is definitely as the crow flies.

Schools no longer know if you've put them first or not. Position on the CAF does not increase or decrease your chances of getting into a particular school. You should always put the school you want most first.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Oakwood pass-mark is 360 and Maidstone Grammer is 390.
SSM

Post by SSM »

Marsbar, just in case you weren't aware, you can appeal to any school, so say you wanted Judd for your son, you can list it on your CAF and then appeal in March.

Personally, I would list the schools in the order that I wanted them, but I would put a safe option down, so in your case it would be Oakwood, this way it might stop you getting a GS miles away.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Hmm. But, as location is i see Paddock wood, this is notoriously dodgy territory. :? This year some PW boys did not get in to TWGSB.
But yes, blond moment. I was meaning if you wanted over the over non selectives in maidstone you would need to put it first.
Sorry to confuse you.