countdown to nov 7th

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mm2

countdown to nov 7th

Post by mm2 »

Hi
Hope I haven't scared everyone off- seems to have gone quiet since I returned.
Just to wanted to wish all of your lovely DC's good luck for next saturday.
DD has now completely given up, and I have given up nagging as it seemed to have the opposite effect.

Have had a lovely half term doing lots of fun stuff with friends in the hope she may do some work next week!!!

good luck all.

mm2
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Yes, good luck to all.

There little enthusiasm left in our house for doing any more, but lots of enthusiasm for cinema trips, romps in the Lickeys, football, sleepovers etc. which, I guess, is exactly what half term is all about.

Does anyone know if the Ed Dept have plans on hand to let us know the precise details of time & venue for 7th Nov if postal strike goes ahead or even intensifies? We've been sent a letter to tell us the venue but not whether it's morning or afternoon.

BB248
srk13

Post by srk13 »

We've received our letter just now. So seems they are on their way to everyone.

Wishing the best for all kids.
um

Post by um »

We've just received our letter as well. Really hoping we're not struck with any further illnesses now!

I'd been out yesterday to buy a clear pencil case with some really decent pencils - and the letter says that they will provide all writing instruments etc!
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Just wanted to wish everyone Good Luck, you're very nearly there!
Luckily, not going through it this year, but with you all in spirit!
mm2, can it really be two whole years since the coundown with your lovely cakes?! Hope all goes well for your DD and hope your DS is still enjoying KECH. :lol:
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Kegs Mom3
I know , 2 yrs have gone by in a blur. Took 1 year to recover...
Don't know how Clarendon has managed it for 2 consecutive yrs!!

Got letter today confirming time.. arrival between 8.15and 9 am, with no admittance after 9.10am. Will not be allowed to take test if letter not brought to the test on the day.

good luck
mm2
ps would anyone like any cakes this year?
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi all!!

Mmm the cakes sound fab!Not particulalry helpful when trying to lose weight!Picked wrong time as really need the magic Chocs n caffeine to get me through these final days. I haven't been to uni(currentlu in yr 3 Pharmacy)for a long time..house is being refurbished...everything is a mess n we are actually living out of paper plates etc.. so yes the cakes do sound very tempting..maybe we should all meet up during the two hours od the tests!

Last time during BV exam, i went home and tried to keep myself busy with the other children and ended up calling my mum, sisters friends and sobbing :cry:

I just really feel sad to see how there are that many children taking the tests and only a handful will succeed....the whole system is so unfair!!

I'll have to pm Clarendon as my daughter is taking them next year although she is nowhere near as keen as my son and even he has lost interest!

Regards, all I can say is hang in there...not long to go!!

FTM
mm2

Post by mm2 »

just a little bedtime snack

night night

mm2
BB248

Post by BB248 »

mm2

I could get used to this...! Yummy yum & thank you.

BB248
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Yum yum, at least it looks good on screen, temptations if i didn't feel so bloated i wud have grabbed some :D

Maybe friday i pass millies cookies everyday at new street en route to uni!And i have a 20% discount card..wud explain my forever expanding waistline :oops:

Gd nite!!

FTM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now