Raw score for Alty girls & Sale

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NotAPushyMum

Raw score for Alty girls & Sale

Post by NotAPushyMum »

My dd will be sitting these exams shortly I know a lot of you have dc's who passed - well done! I appreciate that the scores are standardised, but I'm trying to get a hang of what kind of raw score my dd ought to be getting so I can relax (if only). She's an August birthday so will be 10.3 yrs when she sits the exams. What kind of percentages were your dc's getting?

Many thanks
cleo

Post by cleo »

My DS was getting in his high 80's low 90's (%) in maths and verbal papers (NFER) and high 60's low 70's in his Non Verbal. He passed his exams. I would say a child who is getting around 85 % in practice papers should do OK in the real thing as long as he is confident and doesn't get nervous.

Good luck you will need it not your child! :lol: :lol: l
ermintrude

Post by ermintrude »

Hi NAPM,

we were told by a local tutor with a lot of experience that 75% was about the required level. 334/420 (ie an Alty pass)comes out at just short of 80% but looking at my dds scores in the exam they were all a bit higher as percentages than she was acheiving pre exam, so I think the 75% is probably about right, the beauty of course being that if they have one strong area they can slip a little in the others (unlike some 11+ areas where there is a pass mark in each subject)

My dd was 10 yrs 8m when she sat the paper but I don't think the age correction accounts for much, will just help if the result is very borderline.

The Sale exam was passed by dd with a much greater margin in all 3 disciplines, 3 weeks later, with no work in between. Wouldn't like to hazard a guess why this was!

Hope this helps, and good luck with the tests :)
caz

Post by caz »

yeah our tutors told us they have to get over 80% and he was right cos my son was just under 80 in the papers the tutor sat and didnt pass alty or sale but passed st ambrose which is about 75%
square_root

Re: Raw score for Alty girls & Sale

Post by square_root »

NotAPushyMum wrote:My dd will be sitting these exams shortly I know a lot of you have dc's who passed - well done! I appreciate that the scores are standardised, but I'm trying to get a hang of what kind of raw score my dd ought to be getting so I can relax (if only). She's an August birthday so will be 10.3 yrs when she sits the exams. What kind of percentages were your dc's getting?

Many thanks
I'll pm you tomorrow NAPM, but I'd say you need to be looking at confident 85% scores every time and preferably higher. We were getting approx 92% and that was exactly what she achieved in all her exams. I don't believe that the age weighting is worth much, maybe 2% max?? so I wouldn't add that into your equation, but at least it's in your favour however small it is! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now