Can we have a grumpy teen forum?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fatandfifty

Can we have a grumpy teen forum?

Post by Fatandfifty »

Wish to nominate having the above forum so that I can get a few things off my chest such as why does my 17 yr old daughter think she knows everything there is to know about driving after only 6 lessons, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks - its off my chest now.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

lol. My sympathies. Hope you feel better now!. :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My son thinks he knows everything about driving at the tender age of 13!

He is a back seat/passenger seat driver...to the point where I let him have a go on private land and was secretly delighted when he stalled the car!!!

He has decided that when HE eventually drives he will use his right foot only for the accelerator and his left for the brake and clutch. Much better apparently. GRR!
:mrgreen:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So I know DS2 is not a teen yet but as he already has a mouth like one :x so I have to join in. He too thinks he knows everything about driving but after Monday he definitely thinks he can tell me what to do. Pulled out of Tescos without my lights on only to see flashing lights of a police car behind me. Turned on my lights and was so busy looking at the police car that I ran a red let :shock: and the rest is history! :cry: PC Plod did however compliment me on the fact that I found a safe place to pull over but that was all he complimented me on! :oops: So now dear DS views on his mother being inadequate in every way have been cemented further. :evil:
Plum

Post by Plum »

DS turned 11 on Wednesday. DS was grumpy and sulky most of the day and really horrible to his little sister - it reminded me of the Harry Enfield sketch where Kevin turns 13 and becomes a "teenager". I know he's got a couple of years to go but he's obviously getting in a bit of practice now.
However, DD is even more of a nightmare, at 7, she already has very strong opinions of what she will and won't do etc. I'm having to learn to pick my battles. Not looking forward to the teenage years!
Milla

Post by Milla »

Little Miss Smug tottering in here. My boy was 13 in September and ... as sweet, truly sweet, as ever! OK, only 6 weeks in but so far so good. Mind you, he's always been a piece of cake. The Other One on the other hand .... 10 going on 2 going on 15.
youngest

Post by youngest »

I think we could all contribute stories here. It's the 9 year old who was the teenager here today. Then I found out he hadn't had breakfast and it was past lunchtime - food and he was back to his normal sunny self. If only this was always the answer.
he will use his right foot only for the accelerator and his left for the brake and clutch
Not comfortable if he tries this! The effort needed for the clutch means that if the left foot is also applied to the brake there would be an emergency stop!
so busy looking at the police car that I ran a red and the rest is history
Oh T.i.p.s.y what bad luck...a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Flippin floodlit supermarket car parks making it look like day. :roll:

Keep the stories coming it will be therapeutic both to rant and to find we are not alone with the delights of the teenager.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sympathies to all - my teenager knows everything about everything so I suppose we ought to be grateful to have the fount of all wisdom and knowledge living in our house... :roll:

On the subject of driving, though - I was rather taken aback this evening when my SEVEN year old asked me whether I had remembered to indicate left before turning... :shock:
Marylou
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Ed's mum wrote:He has decided that when HE eventually drives he will use his right foot only for the accelerator and his left for the brake and clutch. Much better apparently. GRR! :mrgreen:
I once towed my younger brother's car home using my diesel 110 Landrover, which had good engine braking, to warn him I used my left foot to flash the brake lights.....worked fine until I approached a roundabout and went to drop the clutch, but left foot stamped on the brake and did an emergency stop instead :oops: the towbar creased his bonnet. :lol:

DS1 a very young year nine, thirteen and nine weeks, he has his moments, I like the way he answers the phone with an artificially deeper voice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DS2 has an expert opinion based on logic, his logic, of every thing a bit like Dr Spock. :shock:

DD seven years old likes to say "get in there" or "great head shot" :roll: :roll:

Help get me out of here. :lol:

steve
Milla

Post by Milla »

stevew61 wrote: DS2 has an expert opinion based on logic, his logic, of every thing a bit like Dr Spock. :shock: Help get me out of here. :lol:

steve
that IS my DS2, too! Perhaps it gets brought along with the stork??

Blimey, Tipsy, didn't know we harboured a crim among our midst? Mind you, my friend was stopped by the police speeding along the Embankment. She pulled over when the blue lights went off. Then realised she had parked on the zigzag lines by a crossing. In panic, she reversed sharp and hard to position herself behind the zigzags, knowing you're not allowed to park on them. The little matter of a glass too many clearly wasn't helping matters. She shot out of the car, waved an arm, and said, "hey, what are doing? crashing into me!" Blonde, beautiful, buxom. Guess who got away with it? Her word against theirs.

I have a good police story too, far too long to tell, but involves sharing a name with the Prince of Wales' wife. Goodness does that help. Particularly when the policeman is a bit young and dim. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now