A score of 605 , what percentage is that ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
natalie1974

A score of 605 , what percentage is that ?

Post by natalie1974 »

A friend has just told me her son scored 605 in the Medway test , she is trying to work out what percentage her son's score is , ie top 10% etc , she asked me but it's just too early to work something like that out ! can anyone help me please :)
Harry B

Post by Harry B »

You won't be able to work it out unless the Council publish all the scores - don't know if they do or not. The test is designed to take the top 25%, so your friend's son will be in there somewhere.

Personally, 521 would've been good enough for me as the schools I'm interested in don't list the score as part of their over-subscription criteria.
natalie1974

Post by natalie1974 »

Can't believe that this time next year I will be going through all this !
Didn't think about having to need all the scores , see i told you it was too early !

I know my other friends girl got 695 in the medway and 399 in the kent test and another friends girl got 420 in the kent which as far as I am aware of was the top mark for that one but our kids go to a private school so we are sort of paying to get those kind of results anyway .

So is that what happens then if the school gets over-subscribed , they then look at the scores of the 11+ and only take the higher ones ?

ETA : Well done to your son for passing !
Harry B

Post by Harry B »

All the schools have a list of things they look at if they are over-subscribed. Only some look at test score, and those schools all place a different level of importance on it. For example, Fort Pitt look at distance from home ahead of score whereas Chatham Girls Grammar and Rochester Grammar do it the other way round.

Thanks!
natalie1974

Post by natalie1974 »

that is interesting to know as Rochester Girls is the school i am interested in for my daughter .
It's bad really that they can work different ways .
goingloopy

Post by goingloopy »

Rochester Grammer is on of the selective school and wanted min of 545 this year so even if you got 521 pass mark it would not be enough.
natalie1974

Post by natalie1974 »

Sorry to be thick but how do you find out what score they want ? Do you just ring them and ask ?
goingloopy

Post by goingloopy »

You will get a book from the school next year and they change every year !
Harry B

Post by Harry B »

goingloopy wrote:Rochester Grammer is on of the selective school and wanted min of 545 this year so even if you got 521 pass mark it would not be enough.
That's interesting. I didn't know that, but then there's not much chance of my son going there anyway!!

It's not mentioned in the Council's Admissions booklet - perhaps it should be as parents could well apply without realising they haven't got a chance.
goingloopy

Post by goingloopy »

Harry B wrote:
goingloopy wrote:Rochester Grammer is on of the selective school and wanted min of 545 this year so even if you got 521 pass mark it would not be enough.
That's interesting. I didn't know that, but then there's not much chance of my son going there anyway!!

It's not mentioned in the Council's Admissions booklet - perhaps it should be as parents could well apply without realising they haven't got a chance.
Hi Harry, its on Pg 12 of the book, last year they wanted 543 this year 534 !!!