Appeal packs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Louise

Appeal packs

Post by Louise »

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is actually in the appeal packs? I'm wondering if there is a code of practice and a headteachers form, or is the headteacher contacted after parents have submitted their form with headteacher's details? Any info. would be greatfully received. I'm not going to actually receive a pack until March.
Alex

Post by Alex »

When you appeal for a community or controlled school ie through the Council's appeals procedure you get sent a letter asking you to complete the enclosed Notice of Appeal (yellow form) - a spare copy to keep is enclosed - and an appeals guide booklet which gives guidance on filling in the form and explains the process. The letter also invites you to contact the Council's legal officer if you need any further information about the procedure.

In appeals for community and controlled Grammar schools, when the appeal includes not reaching the required standard, the primary school is automatically contacted for a report.

If you are appealing for a foundation school I am afraid you will need to contact them direct about their procedures.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Forgot to say that I am sure the council's legal department would be very happy to send you one of their packs for information.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Thanks Alex. I'm dealing with a foundation school and will just have to be patient. We did write to the chair of govs. last November asking him to explain the school's appeal procedure but received no reply - I handed the letter in personally. The school receptionist is helpful but as she isn't dealing with the appeals has limited info. and I never quite make myself fully understood - mainly because this is a new area for me to have to deal with and also because I'm anxious. All will be revealed in March.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Louise which foundation school are you appealing to?
louise

Post by louise »

Hi SJ. I'll be appealing to King's grammar school in Grantham.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Louise, did you send for a copy of a pack from the legal department as suggested by Alex, because even if it is not exactly the same as Kings Grantham, the chances are they would be significantly similar
Louisa

Post by Louisa »

Hi SJ. No I didn't request a pack but I did get in touch with the LEA and received a guide leaflet for parents and carers. I'm happy with this for the time being! p.s. this site wouldn't let me use Louise today so I've changed to Louisa. Strange, this hasn't happened before
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now