The front of the exam paper birth date information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ciren mum

The front of the exam paper birth date information

Post by ciren mum »

Does anybody know what the children have to fill in on the front of the exam paper regarding their birthday?

Do they just write in a birth date in words/numbers?

Do they shade it in on a chart of months and dates?

Or must they know that they are ten years and so many months (eg 10 years 7 months)?

I am asking this because I know that the birth date is important for standardisation scores.

thanks for your help.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I don't know, but a mock from the site which cannot be named also had a mocked front page which had numbers from 1-31 in boxes, then months, then years and the child had to shade in their date of birth.
assume similar??
capers123

Re: The front of the exam paper birth date information

Post by capers123 »

I can't remember, but the Official Practice Papers are probably in the same format, so they get familiarised.
Capers
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

What are the official practice papers? I haven't heard of those.
Milla

Post by Milla »

yup, same here, haven't seen any!??!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

The pack of 3 or 4 practice papers that the school will have recommended you get either in docs or on the open evening. Available from Smiths. By the same publisher as the papers.
Capers
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

capers123 wrote:The pack of 3 or 4 practice papers that the school will have recommended you get either in docs or on the open evening. Available from Smiths. By the same publisher as the papers.

No , still not with you . Which school told you this ?
Milla

Post by Milla »

If you apply to sit at Pate's, I think they send them to you, the nfer ones you can buy at Smith's. Last time round we got them. This time, applying to Tommy's, it was NINE QUESTIONS. Hmmm, helpful, huh?

Am sure the invigilators will make sure all children know how to fill in the front page, and if we remind them, our kiddies, to make sure they're happy with this bit then am sure won't be a problem - have never heard of this being an issue in the past.
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

I think capers 123 is talking about the GL 11+ practice papers that come in a pink 'folder' with a giraffe on the front. There are 4 multiple choice papers inside and are published by the people who do the 'real 11+ test'. Hope that helps.