Writing on question paper, Langley exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Irene+

Writing on question paper, Langley exam

Post by Irene+ »

Anyone know if children are allowed to mark the question paper?
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

Yes. We had a letter from them last week telling us what to expect( son is sitting it at school this morning) and it said that there will be rough paper provided but that you can also write on the question paper.
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

bcookerblum wrote:Yes. We had a letter from them last week telling us what to expect( son is sitting it at school this morning) and it said that there will be rough paper provided but that you can also write on the question paper.
Thanks, bcookerblum. Good luck to your son!
I think I have the same letter. Yes, it said rough paper will be provided. But I find nothing about writing on question paper :?
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

Got them here-

letter to parent- "Rough paper will be provided( candidates can write on the question paper but must not make extra marks on the answer sheet)"

letter to candidate- "You will be given rough paper to work out your answers and you can ask for more. If you wish you can write on the question paper but take care not to make extra marks on your answer sheet as it will be marked by computer"
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

bcookerblum wrote:Got them here-

letter to parent- "Rough paper will be provided( candidates can write on the question paper but must not make extra marks on the answer sheet)"

letter to candidate- "You will be given rough paper to work out your answers and you can ask for more. If you wish you can write on the question paper but take care not to make extra marks on your answer sheet as it will be marked by computer"
Bcookerblum, thank you so much for posting this.

My letters are different:

Letter to parent: "Rough paper will be provided and there is a clock in each room....."
Letter to candidate: "You will be given rough paper to work out your answers and you can ask for more. Please bring the enclosed coloured registration form...."

Strange... But I hope they won't change rules for ooc candidates.
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

I would imagine it's just so we're clear on it in case the teachers at the primary schools don't mention it or something? Son said the front of the question paper said you could aswell.