what one hopes for

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Milla

what one hopes for

Post by Milla »

the eager beaver might note that such as me hang around here far too much, and could be tempted to cry "get a life, you mad bat!" Which might possibly be wise advice.

I suppose that what I'm really hoping for is someone to say, "hey, it's funny, but statistically speaking it's been proven beyond doubt that children who finish early, are worryingly confident and have displayed great certainty over absolutely wrongly answered questions are the ones who always score marvellously high marks."

Anyone with access to such good and true statistics, or in search of similar, with individual fine-tunings as applicable, please feel free to respond.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yes have consulted that oh so easily understood land of Nfer statistics and concluded that you are spot on.

Can't quite put my finger on the exact link but trust me its true :wink:

We aren't going to even bother waiting for the 20th but are cracking open the bubbly now as it is all SO obvious.

:lol: :lol:

Oh and also found something about even if you miss a few or half the paper you will still pass.

Why are we worrying they will all pass.

Ignorance is bliss who needs conformation lets all just spend the next two weeks in a fog of bubbly and I don't mean the fog down by Yoyo's harbour.
Milla

Post by Milla »

ah, Tolstoy, you faithful friend. Thank you for riding to the rescue. Feeling much better already. Always happiest slap bang in the centre of Deludoesville.
SunlampVexesEel

Re: what one hopes for

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Milla.. from other thread... wrote:He then ran through a couple of the questions as examples (won't cite them). Wrong. vocab-based and just wrong. He then mentioned a mouse question. Ambiguous. Presumed wrong. I drove home keeping hysteria in clear peripheral view; succeeded in not crashing car. Boy and mother still alive, in a physical sense anyway.
Reminds me of a similar conversation I had some time ago... this time was immediately after a Maths paper... all seemed lost... that question wrong... that question wrong.... many many months later... the result was completely the opposite. I guess the DCs remember the bad questions because they aren't that interested in the ones they got right.

Mellow/chill or explode.... you decide! :lol:

Regards
SVE

PS
Hanging around here probably won't help :wink:
Animis opibusque parati
Freya

Post by Freya »

Milla - just have to say how I love the way you write!

Good luck everyone!
proudaspunch

Post by proudaspunch »

here here great writing milla !!!!!!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yes interesting point that one.

I know a number of people who would totally agree with you and so does Milla :wink: . You were robbed girl :evil: .
Milla

Post by Milla »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
you dear lovely people all!!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Also, am convinced that there is a direct and very strong positive correlation between time spent hanging around on this forum and success with DC2...pleeeeease....
mad?
Milla

Post by Milla »

mad? wrote:Also, am convinced that there is a direct and very strong positive correlation between time spent hanging around on this forum and success with DC2...pleeeeease....
YESSS!! Now that was the post I was waiting for!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now