It's getting closer...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
First-timer

It's getting closer...

Post by First-timer »

...just received the CSSE letter detailing the time of exam and registration details. All pretty clear :) , although I do wonder what the pen is for. DS has a dreadful scrawl (a talent inherited from both parents) and I fear there is a danger of his work looking like the massacre at Glencoe if he has to do it in ink :wink: . I know the VR answer sheets need to be completed in pencil. Are the other papers done in ink?

It's still two sittings at CRGS, so perhaps there hasn't been a huge swell of applicants this year in response to the economic climate. Can't gauge anything from his candidate number as it's so low.

I can't wait to get this over and done with. Roll on the 21st!
moved

Post by moved »

He can write in pencil on all papers. Take a few so he doesn't have to waste time sharpening them.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Thanks moving!

I have a brand new pack of pencils at the ready. DS will be disappointed as he loves to waste time sharpening pencils. They always seem to be sharper at the end of a paper than when he began - funny, that!
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Yes, I too have received my (or daughters) letter, we have an afternoon sitting and I think by looking at the map she will have a side room out the back which is what she was hoping for. She dreaded the thought of sitting in a huge hall. My first thoughts were that the exam time is good as she can have an early lunch but Im also wondering if doing a stressful exam on a fullish stomach can be a bad thing!!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

My DS has a morning sitting and will be having his usual breakfast. By the time we get to CRGS he shouldn't be too full. If he had an afternoon sitting I'd probably be worried about the full tummy/nerves combo. No sign of nerves so far though. He's pretty stress-free but obviously it's a new situation and I have no idea what he'll be like on the day. My own stomach, however, started churning on receipt of the CSSE letter :oops: .

It shouldn't even be a big deal as the catchment comp is a good school. :roll: .
chelmsford dad

seems like 2 sittings at kegs

Post by chelmsford dad »

my son is on the first one very early start :shock: there had been a rumour somewhere there might be 3 sittings
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

My own stomach, however, started churning on receipt of the CSSE letter :oops: .

Im glad Im not the only one who had and still has a churning stomach on receipt of letter. Ive got stew tonight but I really dont think I can eat anything. Im trying not to show my nerves to my DD though, dont want her upset. :|
Chelmsford mum

Re: seems like 2 sittings at kegs

Post by Chelmsford mum »

chelmsford dad wrote:my son is on the first one very early start :shock: there had been a rumour somewhere there might be 3 sittings
There are always three sittings, two on the day and one for latecomers and last year one smallish extra one due to numbers.Please try not to let it unsettle you as not everyone who sits the test is going to put the same school as you first.

Good luck to all of you. :D :D :D
moved

Post by moved »

Just to second the good luck. Look forward to those long evenings with nothing to do with your time. :wink:
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Thanks, luck certainly does play a part (especially with the English paper) :D .