SW Herts Consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snapper

SW Herts Consortium

Post by Snapper »

The list of postcodes / children taking the test has been made available, there are 955 children taking the test altogether for approximately 304 places.

However if I have read it right, all the applicants to Queens and Bushey Meads have to take the test, thats 432 kids.

So maybe the chances of getting into one of these schools is not so bad ?

Thoughts or more analysis anyone ?
Richard
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I'm guess you've looked at the list on the Queens' website which shows 955 candidates... but this only for those than have applied to Queens'.

Each school website has a list containing details of the applicants under the academic aptitude criterion to their school only. So each school website contains a different list.

All applicants to Queens' and Bushey Meads have to sit the academic test so that means there are 955 applications for Queens and 605 to Bushey Meads.

Of these applications 424 applied to both Queens and Bushey Meads.

This is a big improvement on last year when my eldest applied, over 1100 applied to Queens and 690 to Bushey Meads.

Alison
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

Ah ok - I only looked at Queens and Bushey and my lad appears on both, plus a handful of others - I guess those are people that have put both in their top 3.

So its a lot more complicated to work out how many of the applicants listed on each school website has put that school first. We have Queens first, but are being tested at Bushey.
Richard
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Sounds like your first 2 preferences are the same as my son's last year.

Hope your son is feeling better for the Queens' sport test tomorrow.

My son didn't do the sport test so I have no idea what the competition is like (I believe a similar number sat that test last year) but he did do the BMS Technology Aptitude test which had 17 places for 200 applicants.

Good luck over the next few weeks.

Alison
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

Thanks Alison. I have withdrawn him from the PE test tomorrow he is still not at his best, and he will do it now on the 24th.
Richard
Ally

Post by Ally »

Has anyone got any idea about birthrate for 1998/9 and sibling rate ?

One of our local schools had to add an extra class when they started school, but that could be beacuse of the age of the new houses. Other people have said that 1998/9 is a low birthrate year.

Does the sibling rate stay approx the same each year ?