Chatham Grammar for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MedwayMumof1

Chatham Grammar for Girls

Post by MedwayMumof1 »

Hello.

Can anybody give me any info re Chatham Grammar for Girls?; maybe somebody who has experience of the school as a parent of a child already attending.

It is my dd's first choice and I think from a 'caring / nurturing perspective, it probably is the most suitable for her as she is not a top of the class student - she is a good all rounder, but I still prefer the facilities on offer at RMGS - I am just not so sure she is up to it at RMGS academically and would worry about her ability to cope.
Parent100

chatham girls grammar

Post by Parent100 »

Our 2 daughters attend the school yr10 and yr13 and cannot praise it highly enough. eldest daught received excellent gcse and as level results.
very friendly school, with approachable teachers and Head
happymumof2

Chatham Girls Grammar

Post by happymumof2 »

DD at CGSG in Year 9 and loves it. I have found it to be a really caring and happy school. DD was also not top of her year academically but has achieved well above our expectations in the past two years. Hope this helps.
waiting in walderslade

Post by waiting in walderslade »

Chatham is our first choice because my DD really liked the feel of the school and I did too. I know all the grammar schools in
Medway are good but it's still nice to hear such praise.
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

I have no personal experience of CGSG but for my daughter it was the school she felt most comfortable at and hence, it has been submitted as our 1st choice.
dadtotwo

Post by dadtotwo »

My oldest is in yr 9 - and loves it. Personally when we looked round I felt that the head teacher had great vision and charisma and is the kind of person you could talk to if there was a problem.
dadtotwo

Post by dadtotwo »

Oh and the girls can wear trousers if they want !
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

dadtotwo wrote:Oh and the girls can wear trousers if they want !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

dadtotwo wrote:Oh and the girls can wear trousers if they want !
I agree dadtotwo, that and the canteen played a part in her decision and there I was thinking it was seeing the lessons in progress that convinced her :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now